Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is a dynamic and rapidly growing high-tech organization with access to all Siemens solutions, and we are seeking a self-driven individual to complement our growing team focused on microelectronics and Siemens EDA solutions. Siemens EDA (formerly Mentor Graphics) is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation, providing software and hardware design solutions that help engineers around the world create new and innovative products. Each year, our customers use our technologies and tools to push their design and development boundaries in order to deliver smaller, faster and more reliable products.
Support the use of Siemens EDA’s Calibre technologies in the design of complex application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) designs for the most advanced military and aerospace companies. This position brings a highly technical role to SGT’s team, preferably based in the Washington DC and Baltimore area, but not required. As a Physical Verification Consultant, you will be enabling some of our most important customers to be successful with their ASIC/FPGA designs. This position requires a strong confidence in verifying physical layout compliance within our Customer’s ASIC products, as well as enabling them to utilize our advanced methodologies around our Calibre tool suite.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- BSEE or BSCS, or equivalent; MSEE preferred
- 7+ years of ASIC physical verification experience
- Proven experience working with backend layout designers to drive solutions to issues found in physical verification
- Strong expertise in physical verification to debug LVS/DRC issues at block level using Calibre tool suite
- Experience in Calibre physical verification tools including: Calibre DRC, LVS, and xRC
- Track record in performing physical verification on large hierarchical designs at both the block level and chip level
- Experience in Calibre PERC is a plus
- Knowledge of Calibre SVRF language is a plus
- Experience with Global Foundries advanced technology nodes (14/12nm) is a plus
- Experience in full product life cycle of ASIC Design
- Shell scripting and Unix knowledge (e.g., Tcl, Python or Perl)
- Effective communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined with a high proficiency in technical problem solving
- US Citizenship is mandatory
- Existing DoD Secret clearance is plus
The Physical Verification Consultant will be responsible for:
Deliver consulting services covering a broad range of physical verification activities
Responsible for leading and executing consulting programs and working with customers to implement and deploy physical verification flows
Helps customers leverage the full capability of Calibre EDA software and methodologies
Articulating relevant customer technical requirements and influencing Calibre product team to shape product direction
Building and maintaining ongoing positive relationships with customers
Working collaboratively with team members to ensure mutual success
Travel will be involved within the US
· Must be a U.S. citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a federal government security clearance.
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.