During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Siemens EDA – formerly Mentor Graphics is one of the top tier suppliers in the Electronic Design Automation (EDA) industry. As a technology leader, the company offers innovative solutions for electronic hardware and software design.We are seeking highly motivated, self-starting people for a fixed-term Intern employment, from April/May 2021.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting software development projects in different ways, for example by developing software utilities or test automation, and participating research projects.
We are looking for front-end and back-end developer interns. Development is performed with Microsoft Visual Studio in a Microsoft Windows environment, using the C# language and .NET technologies, so you will ideally have skills in these areas. In addition, candidates benefit from having experience in C/C++ or Delphi!Front-end developer skills:
- Experience in .Net, C#, JS, TS or Java languages
- Familiar with programming concepts: data structures, algorithms, multi-threading etc.
- Familiar with HTML5, CSS and/or Blazor
- Micro-services, RESTful API’s …
- C# as a programming language
- Experience working with SaaS platforms (Azure, AWS)
- Focus is on Azure but the capability to implement solutions “host platform independently” is a bonus.
- Server programming, i.e. knowledge of efficient data structures & algorithms because performance is meaningful
- Multi-threaded programming
- Back-end serialization and communication frameworks (such as Orleans, for example)
- Knowledge of at least one RDBMS (e.g. SqlServer, MySql, PostgreSql, Oracle) and the SQL query language (e.g. for creating a database schema)
- Experience with ORM frameworks, such as Microsoft Entity Framework and DBMS-agnostic programming, with or without an ORM (i.e. the ability to create code that runs on top of many different RDBMSes)
- As a bonus, understanding of AI and machine learning is appreciated
You will be required to be able to write fluent English.
Software testing requires the ability to code. Knowledge of the above mentioned development tools is considered as an advantage.
Our office in Turku is located in the Intelligate II building, next to the Kupittaa railway station.
Our production unit builds software products for the electronics manufacturing industry, with the aim of allowing our customers to manage and improve processes that relate to placing components on printed circuit boards.
If you’re interested, then we would welcome your application.We are Siemens
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Finland) Oy
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time