During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
We are seeking an engineer with experience meshing and running industrial CAE simulations and who is comfortable working with any engineering application despite their complexities. This person should have an in depth understanding of CAE (ideally CFD) and the different mesh topologies and spatial resolutions required to accurately simulate physical phenomena. Do you possess a can-do attitude and are you capable of prioritising multiple CAE meshing projects simultaneously? This might be for you.
The selected candidate will have experience with meshing methodologies such as surface preparation, surface meshing or volume meshing. The engineer must be able to demonstrate a very keen interest in learning, understanding and working with all the meshing methodologies available in Simcenter STAR-CCM+. These methodologies can be applied to any number of different applications such as electric motors and gas turbines. The engineer must have the skills and patience to work with large and complex meshes, to test and verify new meshing methodologies and support the challenges in using them.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Development Support.
The Development Support team provide high level support that helps ensure the transfer of technical knowledge and expertise between Product Development and the rest of the company.
Development Support engineers are required to work closely with software developers as new versions of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ are developed to help ensure new features of the code are well understood. This includes demonstrating the use of newly implemented software features and their functionalities. In addition, verifying new features behave as their designs intend.
These engineers also collaborate closely with teams worldwide to provide sophisticated technical solutions that help ensure end user issues are answered and fixed in a timely manner and software products are used accurately, to their maximum potential.
- Making sure newly implemented Simcenter STAR-CCM+ code developments are well understood. Emphasis is given to verifying new code development works as designed throughout the development and release cycles
- Triage customer issues submitted to the development teams
- Support internal customers and field engineers working with external customers, to help them resolve their Simcenter STAR-CCM+ meshing challenges.
- Prioritize and manage this work alongside verification and testing of new software features developed by the meshing division.
Required knowledge/skills, education and experience
- A postgraduate degree (PhD, MEng, MSc or equivalent) in Mechanical, Chemical, Aerospace engineering, or other closely related field
- Prior industrial/research experience working with CAE meshing software
- Experience/knowledge of supporting and/or testing CAE meshing software
- Basic programming and/or shell scripting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously and to prioritize different projects
- Good organizational skills
- Fluent English speaking, reading and writing
Preferred knowledge/skills, education and experience
- Prior experience with CFD software. In particular, Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- Java and/or C++ programming skills
- Strong background in the application, development and/or testing of CAE meshing software
At Siemens, everyone can bring their whole self to work. This is why we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation where necessary.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time