Software Engineer - Dynamics
At Siemens we are always
challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most
innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find
out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
In this position you will develop, enhance and maintain the Structural Dynamics algorithms in Simcenter 3D Nastran Finite Element Solver and will be part of Nastran Dynamics Team.
- Implement new features and extend current capabilities in Nastran to deliver faster and more accurate answers to complex engineering problems in structural dynamics domain.
- Deep familiarity with Finite Element Analysis for Engineering problems and some familiarity of Structural Dynamics.
- Build, compile, and debug complex code on Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Work with team members to write effective tests for new and existing code, in support of our zero-regression policy.
- Fix customer issues in a timely manner, as prioritized in cooperation with the product owner.
- Experience working in Agile framework will be considered an advantage.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- M.Sc. in Computational Engineering with a focus in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering -or- M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics with a focus in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) programming, Solid Mechanics / Structural Dynamics
- Working knowledge of C/C++ and Fortran is preferred
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ph.D. preferred in Computational Engineering with a focus in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering -or- M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics with a focus in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) programming, Solid Mechanics / Structural Dynamics
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.