Job Title: Applications Engineer (Functional Verification) - 234964
Job Location: USA - CA - San Diego or USA - CA - Los Angeles or USA - CA - Irvine
Job Category: Application Engineering
Are you ready to build a career in the rapidly growing and constantly innovating Electronic Design Automation
(EDA) industry? Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology and solving the most challenging and
demanding problems of the new decade? Are you interested in working across a variety of areas including
application engineering support, project management, verification and validation of complex semiconductor ICs,
system testing, and beyond?
If so, Siemens EDA could be the place for you!
We are seeking a dynamic, technical professional who will be responsible for the technical selling and support of
Siemens EDA's leading-edge functional verification solutions.
As a Functional Verification Application Engineer,
you will: work with account managers to determine the sales execution strategy, identify and qualify
engagements based on customers' needs and business opportunities, define evaluations and benchmark criteria,
execute relevant technical campaigns to meet established goals considering customers' production flows, and
provide best-in-class support.
You will ensure both the customers' success and broader use of Siemens EDA's
functional verification solutions.
Work location is based in the Southern California Area with as much as 25% travel.
● Provide technical leadership on all aspects of sales campaigns. Contribute and execute pre-sales
and post- sales account strategies as a member of the sales team.
● Qualify the technical viability of sales opportunities and communicate them to the sales team.
● Influence marketing and product groups to meet customers’ needs and to shape product direction.
● Lead technical presentations, demonstrations, evaluations, and benchmarks.
● Effectively position Siemens EDA products and solutions to shape sales strategy.
● Effectively communicate value proposition of Siemens EDA solutions to customers.
● Develop and maintain ongoing positive relationships with customers.
● Work collaboratively with team members to ensure mutual success.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
● BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar field is required.
● Must have 5+ years of experience in the EDA or semiconductor fields focusing on functional
verification. MS preferred.
Working knowledge in the areas of SystemVerilog, UVM, and SystemVerilog Assertions is
● A strong understanding of ASIC and FPGA design and functional verification flows is required.
● Strong knowledge of functional-level functional verification methodologies is essential.
● Experience with emulation methodology, static verification, and/or formal verification is a plus.
● Good presentation and communication skills are essential.
● Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined.
● US Citizen or Permanent Resident - AE will work with customers in the Aerospace or Defense industry.
● Applications Engineering experience is a plus.
This position will be located in either the San Diego or Irvine, California areas and will require
immediate relocation if the candidate does not reside in one of those areas.
We will also accept applications from recent college graduates who are: (1) Highly motived, have strong soft skills and are looking to accelerate their career quickly, (2) with a Master’s degree in the fields listed above, and (3) with coursework and projects in the areas above.
This position will be subject to U.S. export control requirements under the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Employment is contingent on either
verifying the U.S. Person status or obtaining any necessary export license.
For this position, the Company will not apply for a license for those individuals whose access to export-controlled
technology requires authorization.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.