Mentor Graphics Corporation (MENT) is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic and electrical products faster and more efficiently.
The Integrated Electrical Systems division (IES) Comprehensive E/E Systems Development delivers the means to bring products to life with a holistic development of E/E systems, including electrical, networks and software flows within major automotive & aerospace platforms. A key element of that flow is the Networks design which our customers use to push the boundaries of their designs to eliminate mistakes, meet cost targets and reduce cycle times. This requires specialist software able to transform that process.
We now have an open position in the Communication Networks Product Management team to help drive our outstanding capabilities into the market and take network design to the next level. The key objectives for the role which is organizationally within our product marketing and business development team are:
Responsible for the definition and direction of a product or product family throughout all stages of the product life cycle (concept through end-of-life.). Works with product marketing and sales on the product launch and go to market strategy to ensure that the product is successful in the marketplace upon release. Continues to work with development, sales and product marketing to handle the product through its life cycle to ensure it meets established goals for revenue and customer happiness. At this level the employee performs all crucial activities as outlined above for a product.
- Expand our Networks products footprint with focus in the EMEA time zone
- Work with the development organization to describe the context, value and intent of the requirements and to work closely with the development team throughout the implementation ensuring that the software meets the intent.
- Working with the sales and marketing teams to ensure production and delivery of industrial strength application examples, technical test cases and appropriate product collateral.
- Provide product support to Mentor Graphics’ sales channel, working directly at customers' sites in pre- and post-sales situations. This duty will involve some level of international travel
- Interfacing closely with software engineering to make sure the product as delivered is as specified and cooperated with the senior management team.
- Be up to date with technology advances in the Communication Networks design space
- Attending customer user meetings, seminars, trade shows and conferences as the product representative.
- Contribute to and communicate the vision for the product line, acting as a product steward and enthusiast both internally and externally. Simulate and educate field sales to secure maximum attention and time on the solution
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required.
- Knowledge and practical experience in the E/E domain of Automotive or Aerospace sectors.
- Knowledge of Network design or Model Based Design.
- Good knowledge of design and engineering processes for OEMs and/or Tier 1 suppliers in Automotive or Aerospace industry.
- Significant knowledge in at least one of the following domains:
- Experience in multiplexed communication system design including leading signal dictionaries, diagnostics and optimization.
- Experience in functional design and software development methods in automotive, aerospace or similar domains using formal (UML/SysML) or informal methods.
- Experience in design and analysis of electrical distribution systems for Automotive, Avionics or complex Machinery.
- Experience in EE architecture or advanced platform design and optimization including measuring performance against requirements and developing trade studies.
- Highly credible with customers & and able to develop strong customer relationships.
- Proven record of delivering projects on time.
- Experience of agile software development processes.
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills in English.
- Willingness to engage in appropriate levels of travel
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Magyarország Kft.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time