Web Application Development Intern
Location: Remote (preferably Austin, TX; Northville, MI; Seattle, WA)
Start Date: May 2021
Hours: Full-time during the Summer, Part-Time during the Fall
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
At Siemens Digital Industries Software, we blur the boundaries between industry domains by integrating the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. With the rapid pace of innovation, digitalization is no longer tomorrow’s idea. We take what the future promises tomorrow and make it real for our customers today. Where today meets tomorrow. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are looking for an intern to develop CFD application specific web-based applications that utilizes the latest technologies in web development. This internship will be part of the CCM Product Management organization, which works closely with Product Development, Sales, Customer Support, and Marketing to make Simcenter STAR-CCM+ the leading CFD-focused multiphysics solution in the Industry. During the internship, the student will be a member of an agile product development team working collaboratively with others in the broader engineering organization, including other Software Engineers, Product Managers, Application Specialists and Support Engineers. You will be responsible for driving the architecture and help make technological choices that are easily scalable in order to build a range of web applications.
In this position, you will get the opportunity to:
- Develop Web Apps – single-page apps, full applications, responsive designs
- Help shape GraphQL/REST APIs developed by other teams and ensure they align with our requirements
- Create highly reliable and scalable software
- Report any bugs, issues, or enhancement using the internal reporting system
- Communicate and Collaborate with internal stakeholder/s on a regular basis
- Take part in daily scrums and weekly team meetings to update stakeholders on progress
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate degree or master’s degree in computer science (or related engineering field)
- Graduating in 2022 or later
- Experience developing web applications
- Familiarity with cloud applications
- Passion for building scalable, maintainable and high-quality software
- A strong team player and creative thinker who is able to work with multi-cultural technical teams as well as work independently
- Analytical thinker with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a remote environment in a highly geographically distributed team/company
- Good coordination and communications skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Either
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.