This position is responsible for the product cost management in R&D and DTC projects. The cost engineer is responsible to calculate product cost, compare calculated cost with target cost and support R&D to define measures achieve target cost. He is the interface between controlling and R&D department.
The position is reporting to R&D manager.
What are my responsibilities?
- Implement overall management of product cost in R&D and Design-to-Cost projects
- Conduct product cost calculation
- Lead cost analysis, compare target cost with calculated cost, make gap analysis and define cost gap measures together with R&D; follow up the countermeasures.
- Make sure that cost information available in R&D is up-to-date and is at the right level of details
- Calculate the cost savings for localization and adaptation (VCB) projects
- Take part in various cost optimization projects
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor’s degree, accounting or business administration
- 3+ years of working experience in cost accounting in a factory environment.
- Advanced skills in excel, ERP (SAP is preferred) and PowerPoint. Familiar with MS Access is plus.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to multi task, detail oriented and active working style.
What else do I need to know?
At Siemens, we value diversity as the inclusion of and collaboration of different thinking, background, experience, expertise and individual qualities across all organization levels and dimensions. We encourage and support our employees to develop their personal skills and strengths, regardless of gender identity, nationality, age, religious beliefs etc. We believe diversity strengthens our innovative capacity, unleashes the potential of Siemens’ employees and thereby directly contributes to our business success.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Switchgear Ltd., Shanghai
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time