Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Siemens Digital Industries is looking for a Business Development Manager, Distribution based out of our Oakville Head Office. The person chosen for the key role will manage, penetrate, and grow assigned Channel Partner locations nationally and will carry a multi-million-dollar quota for our Automation, Motion and Industrial Communication portfolio. This person will be responsible for driving shelf product sales within the Channel. He/She will be responsible for developing and growing relationships throughout the channel partner organizations. This person will be responsible for driving sales, training, programs and promotions at the channel. This person will report to Head of Automation and Motion and will have no direct reports.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- Business Development – Work with Regional Sales Heads and Business Units in defining regional strategies on development strategy for our Digital Industries business with our distributors
- Work with distributors nationally and ensure their performance and effort in growing Automation, Motion and Industrial Communication business in Canada
- Assess the competitive landscape and derive strategies for growth
- Regularly engage with Distributors including in-person and virtual meetings, sales calls, business cases and presentations.
- In collaboration with Distributors’ sales reps, develop new customers for Automation, Motion and Industrial Communication product business reps
- Collaborate with Product Management and Application Engineering team to fully utilize Digital Industries resources to effectively grow channel business
- Promote a coordinated approach between Distributor Partners and Siemens Digital Industries to win new customers and grow market share
- Develop and execute technical training roadmap for distributor’s sales and technical staff
- Conduct regular KPI performance reviews with distributor branch management to drive business growth
- Coordinate marketing, promotion, and customer events with distributors
- Develop a complete understanding of the distributor organizational structure
- Perform client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
- Provide management with suggestions for improving volume, market share and price levels. May develop forecasts, budgets and operating plans for sales channels.
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Management or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of business experience in business development or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working with OEMs and distributors
- Senior management level leadership, organizational, negotiation, communication and presentation skills required, including experience with customer and supplier contract negotiations
- Experience in all aspects of business development including account management, P&L understanding, capture and technical proposal development
- Knowledge of market analysis and demonstrated success of targeting new business including ability to develop, document, and execute a plan for achieving growth
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with internal and external decision makers, stakeholders, and other interested parties for presenting and selling opportunities, and gaining approvals for opportunities
- Inclusive leadership style; a demonstrated relationship management and sales skill in complex technological environments, as well as a proven record of business growth.
- Ability to demonstrate the vision, business acumen and credibility required to consult client Senior Management on a peer-to-peer level. Business development and sales will be the immediate priority.
- Technical knowledge of Automation, Motion and Industrial Communication
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.