Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Software Data Engineer
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Software Data Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- You will be Implementing and testing optimized data access layers using stored procedures, views, and functions.
- In your activities you will be utilizing available SQL techniques to efficiently fulfill business needs (Set based logic, Ranking, aggregation and windowing functions, bulk data processing, XML , backup, Restore, Reporting , ETL, ELT, data Integration, SSDT).
- You will be Architecting, building, and maintaining Modern Data pipelines on Azure platform.
- You will be designing Database Transaction Strategy, managing concurrency, and defining transactions scopes.
- You will be responsible for database performance tuning and monitoring, hardware sizing and data storage optimization.
- You will be interacting and collaborating with application developers to implement customer facing features.
- You will be owning the overall database agenda and roadmap.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You must demonstrate proven knowledge of SQL Server and strong T-SQL skills.
- You are Database Engineer at heart capable and keen on dealing with all aspects related to RDBMs Architecture, Development, Administration, Tuning, and Testing for a commercial product.
- You have designed & implemented data access layer for Medical diagnostics application.
- You have Designed & Implemented data integration solutions to support AI and business analytic.
- You are keen on collaborating and promoting teamwork and have excellent attention to details with no compromise on quality.
- You must demonstrate high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high impact complex and cross functional problems.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with Minimum of 5-8 years of Database developer or Database administrator experience.
- Experience with 2 or the following technologies: Azure Data Factory, IoT-hub/Event hubs, Stream analytics, Power BI and ADLS, Elastic Search, Spark, Databricks
- Experience in T-SQL is a must plus one of the following languages: Python, R, Scala, PowerShell
- Experience with Data ingestion, log analytics, system monitoring, and dashboarding.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities. (use your country EEO required language where applicable)
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.