The focus of the position is on advising our manufacturing customer’s in their Digital Transformation journey. In today’s challenging environment, customers in manufacturing seek ways to further improve operational efficiency, to optimize production cycles or processes, and ultimately drive stronger business outcomes.
A key responsibility of this role is to establish trust-based relationships with our customer’s Senior and Executive leaders. Engagements are consulting services oriented and project execution driven. The candidate for this role needs to have a strong passion for accompanying and guiding customers along their digital journey.
Customers rely on our extensive domain know-how and deep industry and market expertise. We help our customers develop digital strategies, which ultimately lead to creating Digital Transformation roadmaps. We offer digital enterprise consulting and advisory services and executable implementation projects that help customers achieve maximum performance with their manufacturing environment.
In addition, you will be part of an international network of experts, which allows you to share experiences and to learn from others and further develop your knowledge in the digital manufacturing space.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join Siemens Digital Industries, the company that offers the broadest digital portfolio across products, solutions, and services in the manufacturing industry. To learn more about our group, visit the Siemens US Digital Enterprise website.
- Inspire our manufacturing customers to use new innovative approaches and become their trusted partner throughout their digitalization journey.
- Support the business development and sales teams in customer meetings and lead generation with industry knowledge and insight.
- Develop and present digital transformation roadmaps, solutions, and recommendations that best address the customer’s strategic challenges.
- Position digital services and solutions and create the customer value proposition.
- Develop business strategies and plans in close collaboration with our clients.
- Create market and financial analyses as a basis for strategic recommendations for our clients.
- Prepare presentations for top management and conduct expert interviews and facilitate workshops.
- Work with the development team to define solution prototypes and proof of concept.
- Collaborate with project managers, integration engineers, software engineers, and other team members throughout the solution definition and project delivery phases.
- Support sales teams in the development of customer quotes and proposals.
- Act as a thought leader within the industry, while continuously developing our consulting offerings to align with customer needs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education. and Experience
- BS/MS degree in the field of Computer Science (preferred)
- 10+ years of practical experience in the solution/digital technology consulting field. Ideally, you have acquired that experience from a consultancy firm or a renowned industrial company with focus on manufacturing.
- Experience in manufacturing oriented digital and IT consulting in a variety of industries such as Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Electronics and Food & Beverage.
- Experience with manufacturing execution systems, lean manufacturing, digital plants, computer-integrated manufacturing, manufacturing operations management, analytics, and AI.
- Proven track record and expertise in the application of advanced manufacturing technology, including digital and big data (e.g., Smart Factory, IoT, Industry 4.0, additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, blockchain).
- Understanding of solution and enterprise architecture and standards (e.g. ISA95).
- Excellent analytical and conceptional skills and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently in a complex and matrixed organization, team player attitude being both able to lead a virtual team, as well as being an individual contributor.
- High level of social competence and team spirit, ideally with past international exposure.
- Self-driven and highly motivated hands-on mentality/leadership traits.
- Preferably a U.S. citizen, as some work will be on Government projects.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.