Siemens Rail Infrastructure seeks to hire an Electronics Hardware Engineer for the R&D team in the domain of embedded systems for rail signaling and onboard equipment. This role is responsible for crafting and developing new products and troubleshooting and enhancing existing products.
Ideally, you will possess a proven understanding of electrical engineering, digital and analog design practices, background knowledge in network communications, has experience implementing signal processing and communications algorithms (e.g., RS-232, Echelon, ethernet) in FPGA environments, and is capable of translating functional requirements into efficient working designs.
We require a good communicator who can work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment. A successful candidate must apply technical theories and concepts in developmental domains and have a broad knowledge of printed circuit board design and limitations, system engineering, and digital/analog circuit design. Successful candidates must be comfortable working in an environment with strict milestone deadlines and balancing multiple priorities to ensure timely project completion.
We are looking for someone who can utilize high-level critical thinking to bring high-impact, sophisticated, cross-functional problems to a successful resolution. The ideal candidate will develop innovative solutions to realize cost savings, improve reliability, and increase customer value. This position will sit in Homestead, PA, just outside of Pittsburgh.
- Develop new integrated circuit hardware/printed circuit board designs
- Troubleshoot application problems and identify the root cause of hardware/software/field issues.
- Identify and propose solutions to mitigate anomalies through hardware and/or software changes.
- Review circuits/schematics, understand functionality, identify critical components/circuitry and recommend suitable replacements due to obsolescence issues.
- Develop maintenance, enhancement, and testing plans.
- Guide the quality process by detailed execution of module, sub-system, and system test procedures.
- Drive the completion of all engineering documentation to support design efforts.
- Develop accurate estimates for task duration, developing and maintaining schedules, cost, and quality.
- Guide reviews of specifications and creation of hardware engineering requirements.
- Generate design documents, block diagrams, BOM's, and prototype test plans.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - advanced degree preferred.
- 6+ years of successful experience designing complex mixed-signal hardware featuring FPGA's, Processors, Microcontrollers, ADCs/DACs, DC/DC converters, etc.
- Schematic design for multi-layer PCB design. Guide PCB layout designer from placement to finish
- Understanding of design principles (FMEA Analysis, Reliability Analysis)
- Demonstrate and apply comprehensive knowledge of electronics design to successful completion of assignments
- Leadership and role model qualities including respect, initiative, execution, trust, honesty, and collaboration
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience with safety-critical/vital systems.
- Knowledge of FCC guidelines for emissions and susceptibility.
- Knowledge of RF.
- Strong comprehension of FPGA development environments and tool flows with proven ability to design, implement, sustain and document FPGA designs from specifications
- Ability to perform initial hardware/FPGA check-out and debug in a hands-on lab environment
- Working knowledge of VHDL and/or System Verilog HDL languages
- Background in digital signal processing and/or network processing FPGA applications
- Familiarity with high-level FPGA HDL code generation tool flows (Matlab, Simulink, Modelsim, C/C++)
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Great minds think differently.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life – we embrace diversity and build what’s right for the world by employing people who live in it. That’s how you create change.
Trusted by our partners, we are pioneering transportation, moving people sustainably and seamlessly from the first mile to the last.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.