The Siemens Infrastructure Sales & Controlling organization is seeking an essential Data Analyst role to join our team located in our Alpharetta facility. Primary responsibilities of the position are managing end to end sales credit assignment process for multiple sales organizations, KPI reporting and transparency for specialized sales roles, as well as identifying and leading process improvement and Digitalization in Finance projects across the span of the sales teams.
In the first phase, this position will go full force to learn and manage the current sales adjustment process for business continuity. In the second phase, the candidate will work closely with IT and Sales in projects that will further automate/streamline/improve the current processes.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will be doing:
- Managing the end to end sales adjustment process, including managing large data sets, external sources, etc
- Analyzing incentive related issues and monitor sales credit data for completeness, inconsistencies, and accuracy.
- Performing data mining, root cause analysis, and trending in order to develop and own appropriate process changes.
- Identifying and lead process improvement and digitalization for Sales Performance & related incentive compensation.
- Performing ad-hoc sales activity analysis as required to support Sales Finance and Sales Management.
What you will need:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in finance with a solid business understanding.
2. 5+ years in finance and controlling procedures, processes and operations in all relevant IT applications and systems to ensure consistency and accuracy of figures across units.
3. Proven ability to work with large data sets and provide meaningful analysis to senior management.
4. Demonstrated moderate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables), Tableau, SAP, Access (VBA preferred), SQL, SSIS or equivalent database management tools, relational data queries, and reporting.
5. Proactively identify data anomalies and initiate action with IT or other related parties.
6. Ability to effectively manage change & motivate and engage others.
7. Excellent communication and relationship building skills with various stake holders are critical
Internal customer service oriented, work with cross functional groups and relate financial information to non-finance staff.
8. Deadline sensitive, work well under pressure, ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
9. Strong work ethics, motivated and operate independently with minimal instructions/guidance.
10.WebFocus, KNIME, is not required but it would set you ahead of the pack.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
• Extensive training along with career development.
• Freedom and a healthy work- life balance.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
• Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
• Competitive total rewards package.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.