• Responsible for generating and updating of the STS-ENS-117 paint specifications for various Project Launches.
• Managing of all Paint Material Suppliers for paint systems testing, approval, paint batch approval, color chips for customer approvals and paint materials supply to Siemens Mobility including the Sacramento plant painting and Parts Vendor based painting.
• Develop new paint quality test methods with the paint vendors expertise that will be representative and executed by the painted parts supplier to screen paint performance and appearance Quality
• Conduct annual invite presentations from various Paint supplier and materials for new Technologies and new industry inventions to enhance customer long term paint durability of the painted transit cars for corrosion improvements
• Work closely with Siemens Mobility various department cross-functional teams for Paint releases and paint problems resolutions
• Engaged with the paint department for new paint colors, new paint systems, new project launches to determine early of paint issues and accurately predict actual paint usages as agreed with the paint department painting process control plans
• Engaged with Industry’s Technological development in Corrosion protections, various processes of pre-treatments and specialty coatings for interior and exterior application of various substrates.
• Interact with Siemens Global Paint Technical (Germany) for best paint systems, best practices and technical knowledge based developments.
• Work with Strategic Purchasing of various Paint and Materials to develop initiatives in conformance to VOC Environmental compliance, Cost Reductions and Paint Quality deliverables
• Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering degree preferred, or Chemistry/Materials Science
• Knowledge of various paint systems (Liquid, Powder, Primer, Solvent and Waterbase systems, improved Clearcoats) for Exterior and Interior applications
• Technical experience in the paint coatings ; 5+ years preferred
• Knowledge in Paint Appearance and paint performance testing and Instrumentations
• Various knowledge of other Painting processes and coating for interior and exterior applications
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.