Supply Chain Higher Apprenticeship – Siemens Healthineers - Sudbury
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical devices, we offer ambitious students the chance to help shape the future of healthcare. Discover what you are capable of and join the Apprenticeship Programme at our Diagnostic Imaging business in Sudbury. Over the course of your apprenticeship, you’ll gain skills through on the job and formal training at college. Over time, you’ll take on more responsibility and accountability as your skills, knowledge and expertise increases.
The Supply Chain Apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity to learn and perform a range of functions within the planning and purchasing of materials. The role will support the manufacturing site and primarily provide exposure through rotation and assignments in: Operational and Strategic Purchasing, Production Planning, Forecasting and Logistics; whilst also offering interaction with Manufacturing, Quality and Finance Functions. The role will also provide exposure and on the job training in SAP, the site’s ERP system.
You’ll need to be available to begin this apprenticeship in September 2021 and will complete a Level 4 Commercial Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship in partnership with a local college.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Execute buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials for domestic and international purchases;
- Support the planning department by taking ownership of various reports and metrics to ensure optimised inventory and service levels are met;
- Manage the supply of materials required to manufacture instruments, reagents and spares ensuring maximum customer service whilst minimizing inventory and physical space utilization;
- Ensure SAP reflects the current planning and supply requirements by constantly reviewing and updating replenishment orders;
- Ensure accuracy and maintain all relevant material master data, including lead-times, lot sizes etc.
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders on significant changes in supply, ensuring actions are taken to minimize the operational impact;
- Working closely with Commodity Managers, assists in the development of sourcing strategies and to support existing and new product requirements;
Your qualifications and experience:
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A customer focused mind-set and approach
- Strong analytical skills
- Enjoys collaborating and can work effectively in teams to find innovative solutions
- Be a confident communicator across all levels as well as take initiative for tasks
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
You must have:
- Minimum of five GCSEs at A*– C / 9 - 5 (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- A Levels or NVQ/BTEC or HNC in a business-related subject
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What’s the application process?
On applying for the role, you’ll be taken through the following 3-stage process:
1. Online application – Please complete our online application and submit you CV, which will then be screened by our Talent Acquisition team.
2. Gamified assessment – You will be required to complete a 30-minute online test that assesses your skills and cognitive ability.
3. Assessment centre - If you're successful, you'll be invited to a virtual assessment centre including a strengths-based interview and group exercise.
The deadline for applications is 12th March 2021 however the opportunity may close early so we encourage you to apply now to avoid disappointment.
During the process, we're looking at your overall skills and personality so the best you can do is to simply be yourself. Remember, it's as much of an opportunity for you to get to know us, as well as allowing us to get to know you - it's very much a two-way process.
- An apprenticeship salary
- 26 days annual holiday
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to gym memberships
- Generous pension contributions
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives and you will join a diverse network of graduate and early career professionals.
About Siemens Healthineers:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Recently celebrating 80 years of manufacturing excellence, our Sudbury site designs and assembles blood, urine and diabetes analysis instruments. With our point-of-care testing systems, Siemens Healthineers delivers lab-accurate, actionable, and timely results on the spot. You can find more information here.
Being part of our team:
Our success comes from our people – we are around 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries who are passionate about innovating the future of healthcare. You can hear directly from our current and past apprentices on our careers page.
Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time