We are currently looking for an experienced engineer to join our maintenance control team based within the Regional Operations Center (ROC) at our Three Bridges Depot in Crawley. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced team, in an extremely critical role within the business, responsible for managing the operations of one of the UK’s most advanced trains; the Desiro City CL700. This role forms a pivotal part of the project’s day-day operations, minimilising any form of train running delays and providing first-class service to both our customers and passengers.
What are your responsibilities?
- Act as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) in the Control Room providing first line technical support over the phone to operational staff
- Manage mainline failures and serious incidents on the rail network, reducing any subsequent impacts to both passengers and Siemens
- Collaborating with internal/external stakeholders to meet current needs and develop good working relationships
- Deploy and co-ordinate Outstation Technicians to assist with faults and failures where physical attendance is required, setting up clear lines of communication between both the Outstation Supervisor and Fleet Control
- Report into the Outstation Supervisor every shift to align working expectations and responsibilities throughout
- Align with the performance team for the investigation of service incidents and failure route cause analysis
- Ensure that maintenance is undertaken in accordance with Rail Group Standards and the Siemens Rolling Stock VMI
- Ensure satisfactory close out of safety related traction on rolling stock incidents
- Management and control of relevant fleet downloads and electronic data
- Maintain fleet competence and fault-finding skills, assisting the Outstation Team during spare cover weeks to provide support and encourage development through product knowledge.
- Proactively diagnose faults and failures remotely, through first line investigations, utilising any maintenance tools available
- Provide technical guidance to assist Line of Route maintenance staff (including Technical Riding Inspectors)
- Carry out Technical Riding Inspector duties when required
- Plan scheduled and out of course depot maintenance requirements
- Record and report all information relevant to Operational Safety Incidents/Accidents, service defects and failures in a detailed and efficient manner
- Ensure that all reporting IT systems are updated in a precise and efficient manner
- Implementation of safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility
- Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rail Systems HSQE policies.
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
- Fully participate and engage in RL behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one’s own acts or omissions.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us’ ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
- Sitting at the customer site, maintain a professional image of Siemens and develop good relationships to ensure opportunity for future business, and working process
- Undertake delay attribution and failure route cause investigations
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- HNC in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Advanced knowledge of IT systems / software
- Good communication, planning and organisational skills
- Previous experience within rolling stock environment (preferred)
- Highly motivated and proactive
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time