Product Quality Manager (PQM)
We seek a professional Product Quality Manager (PQM) for our New Kensington, PA location with a proven track record of managing all Quality aspects of a product’s lifecycle.
The role of the PQM includes Quality oversight during product development, general release, and end of life of global and regional products. This includes advising resources in a matrixed organization and coordinating the efforts of project team members to ensure the timely delivery of development and localization projects to plan. The PQM will also define the product’s Quality objectives, participate with project planning during and after the sales cycle and lead all aspects of quality assurance throughout products lifecycle.
The position requires continual improvement of quality methods and processes regarding resolution of highly complex problems in collaboration with local and global Product Management, Customer Service, Engineering, Operations and other key stakeholders. The position reports directly to the New Kensington Quality Leader.
- Build solid relationships with key customers and suppliers, and ensure customer Quality requirements are evaluated, documented, and integrated into appropriate product requirements and Quality goals.
- Effectively communicate development project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Perform project risk management to minimize overall Quality and Operations risks.
- Collaboration with Product Safety Officer to ensure all new products are reviewed and risks are mitigated.
- Responsible for creating, coordinating, and implementing Product Quality Plans (PQP) and development gate requirements during development projects.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project Quality and Operations project documentation.
- Complete internal project-specific audits and review project adherence to development project gate compliance.
- Facilitate development project Lessons Learned postmortems and implement improvements on future project/product improvements.
- Drive preventative product improvement measures by assessing risks along the lifecycle utilizing Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Manufacturing Quality Plans (MQP), Failure Analysis Investigations (FAI) and customers/supplier risk assessments.
- Implement global product Quality programs with partner production sites and monitor the effectiveness of these programs.
- Review product Quality data internal and from the field, considering applications, regions, and customers to come up with improvement actions.
- Support Product Management in processing the phase-out on selected products.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or computer science.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years in Quality, Research & Development (R&D), or Supply Chain Management (SCM) roles.
- ASQ or other quality certifications desired.
- Ability to work in matrix global organization.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills with all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility to work on international projects and travel worldwide as the need arises (~10% travel).
- Proven ability to work cross functionally with multiple departments, such as Product Management, Engineering, and Purchasing.
- Solid multi-tasking, time management, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.