Siemens Industry Inc. is looking for a Project Procurement Manager to join our strategic procurement group. This position is a part of the LDA Procurement organization and will support the Siemens New Kensington Large Drives and Minerals businesses. The Project Procurement Manager (PPM)’s primary function is to support Siemens projects by creating project procurement strategies and plans, based upon budgets, and coordinating project related materials, services, and engineering requirements with total transparency to the team. In this role, you will partner collaboratively with the proposal and execution groups, as well as the global PPM network, and implement procurement strategies and policies, applying a structured approach. In addition, this position will be a key support function within the Siemens LOA process. After projects are won, you will support execution from the selected supply chain, and help maintain performance and profitability through completion of the projects. In addition to the PPM responsibilities, this position will also include some commodity management responsibility within the local strategic procurement group. You will achieve your objectives by demonstrating a clear understanding of the project business structure, good communications skills, a proactive, ambitious mindset and the ability to multitask and coordinate with various functions. This opportunity is based in New Kensington, PA or Alpharetta, GA and will report to the Strategic Procurement Manager.
The PPM is responsible for ensuring an optimized supply of material for projects by:
- Clearly defining the supply chain in coordination with the cross-functional project team
- Aligning the team with the various procurement strategies to be executed
- Documenting and communicating the supply chain strategy to cross functional personnel and management
- Early Involvement with the projects at the proposal stage, to drive supply chain optimization
- Establishing project material budgets using as sold data and develop procurement plans
- Creating and maintaining project procurement plans, and assuring proper execution by supply chain throughout the entire project
- Implementing professional sourcing processes and coordinating procurement activities to deliver optimized material cost and ensure supply base meets the project’s cost, delivery and quality requirements.
- Proactively driving procurement strategies in the project process - pooling, bundling, standardization, designing to cost, etc.
- Understanding the scope of supply and customer contract agreements, performing risk analysis and preparing for supplier negotiations
- Identifying supply chain risks and monitoring the market forces related to supply chain during project execution to avoid potential issues/risks
- Coordinating with various commodity managers both locally, regionally and globally for supplier negotiations to assure project spending is fully optimized
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor’s degree- focus upon supply chain or engineering discipline desirable
- 5+ years of project and procurement experience
- Broad supply chain knowledge (international a plus)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Solid understanding of Microsoft office applications
- Proven communication and listening skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to build trust and confidence quickly and expertly
- Lean process focus
- MRP experience (SAP preferred)
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.