This position involves working as part of the AP PreSales team.
Engineering companies increasingly need to predict real-world performance of their products using simulation tools that capture all of the physics that influence product efficiency and performance including those that cross the boundaries of traditional engineering disciplines. To improve your product you need to be able to predict how performance changes in response to multiple parametric design changes. Simcenter™ software uniquely combines system simulation, CAE, Test and Engineering to help you predict performance across all critical attributes earlier and throughout the entire product lifecycle.
The AP PreSales is looking for a Simcenter Business Development Consultant to support the AP sales organisations.
This business development consultant is part of the AP PreSales organisation and will assist the account teams in defining the Engineering Value Proposition for a Digital Transformation vision of our customer processes.
The consultant will support account teams in structuring the engagement, leveraging Siemens good practices (SVS, Challenger, Prescriptive Framework, Advantedge…) taking into account all aspects of a pursuit: customer relation, engagement staffing, realizable roadmap with end-to-end enterprise architecture, program setup, alignment with Product Development, etc.
As customers get more mature, they look for comprehensive solutions aligned with their specific industry needs. By providing Industry expertise, the business development consultant builds trust with the customer.
As a Business Development Consultant, you would be expected to work closely with account teams, to ensure engagements success, by bringing your industry expertise, your broad understanding of the Simcenter portfolio, your experience in complex pursuits and your leadership.
- Support on-going sales cycles while demonstrating a deep understanding of the industry needs and the Simcenter value proposition, including Industry related Simcenter Industry Campaigns.
- Support the AP GSCS organisation in selling Simcenter solutions into our target accounts. This happens through structuring the engagement, by understanding and implementing industry related GTM campaigns, by defining a holistic Value Proposition, by addressing all aspects of the engagement and by building trust with the customer.
- Produce quality content reusable in other engagements across AP.
- Facilitate collaboration across country/cultural boundaries/departments
- Become an industry focal point by collecting and sharing industry knowledge with the different country teams. Additionally, collaborate with zone PFD team and segment.
- Analyse our strengths and weaknesses against our competitors in the targeted industry
- Participate in country / zone events to promote the Siemens good practices from real world experience, in particular how & when to use Industry related Industry Campaigns.
- A degree in a general Engineering subject (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Software)
- Trained in value selling methodologies such as Challenger will be desirable
- Industry experience in Aerospace & Automotive (EV & Autonomous vehicles in particular) Industry.
- Experience in a customer-facing sales or business development function
- Able to understand, position and present the value of end-to-end Simulation & test solutions in the context of the aerospace and Automotive (EV and Autonomous vehicles) industry
- Experience with CXO level discussions, and specifically with the CTO and/or COO
- Minimum of 10+ years expertise for technical acumen.
- Sales, Presales or Services experience with an IT vendor
- Enterprise Architecture definition, developing Big Block diagrams for integrated Simulation & test solutions
- Experience in value quantification and ROI calculation
- Knowledgeable on competitive landscape
- Strong experience in FEA, CFD, TEST and System Simulation
- Good Knowledge of all or part of the Simcenter Portfolio or comparable engineering process knowledge
- Understand how to leverage industry related Marketing Campaigns
- Experience with Teamcenter portfolio.
- Exposure to Mentor portfolio is an advantage
- Written and verbal proficiency in English and Mandarin
- A good communicator and excellent presentation skills
- Able to travel to AP countries and communicate effectively with multiple nationalities and cultures
- Able to work in zone role in collaboration with country teams, in a consultative and directive mode of working
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time