Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in an international and cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
The ALM group is responsible to provide professional application services to our users of Siemens Mobility worldwide. We support our business units by hosting and managing different applications for the software builds for several Mobility products and projects.
Continuous monitoring of processes, target-oriented and fast intervention and a high awareness of all current issues are key elements of successful operation and high user satisfaction.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You will be responsible for operating and supporting the ALM applications in use (Apache Subversion). You will support users with questions, implementation and further developments.
- You will be in close contact with our Redmine team as part of an integrated service.
- You will systematically log and process tickets from end users.
- You will manage and perform development and design tasks with emphasis on programming, customizing, testing and maintenance of applications, middleware and interfaces in the software build chain.
- You will set up, configure and maintain SVN in coordination with the Redmine group.
- You will implement change requests or small projects based on specifications from our customers.
- You regularly monitor the application and proactively prevent performance or security issues.
- You are responsible to create and maintain the service documentation and regularly update the knowledge base.
- You will plan and execute the rollout of new versions, products/solutions and services, as well as the infrastructure required (cloud-based).
Your qualifications – well-founded and adequate
- You have successfully finished studies in computer science or electrical engineering or a comparable qualification with corresponding additional skills.
- Alternatively, you have already long experiences and training as an IT specialist and have already gained many years of subject-specific professional experience.
- You have a great experience in configuring and using Subversion, as well as administrating these application
- Ideally you also have experiences in SVN and Redmine integration
- You also have sound experience in Linux / Unix based Operating Systems
- Optionally, you can offer a knowledge of Docker technologies/scalability and operation of systems in the AWS environment.
- You are willing to travel several weeks to Europe.
- If you also have fluent knowledge of Business English (Level C1), are highly self-motivated and are able to think in a customer-oriented way, then you are qualified to join us in our team!
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time