12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Siemens Mobility are looking to recruit an experienced Safe work Leader 2 to work with our Victoria Phase 3 re-signalling project. This role will be responsible for confirming worksite arrangements, briefing and taking sites in connection with the Victoria 3 project covering Victoria to Streatham Common and associated branches.
What are my responsibilities?
- Prepare and run project whiteboard meetings
- Ensure all worksite safety critical staff requirements are identified & suitably resourced
- Produce site briefing documentation
- Act as SWL2 or ES in the taking of Worksite as per Rulebook Handbook 12
- Act as strapping assistant
- Supporting Project Managers to develop and manage project plans
- Assist planning department in identification of suitable blocking arrangements and deconfliction of third party works
- Ensure all site operations are carried out safely and in accordance with relevant standards including undertaking periodic site safety checks
- Brief all COSS’s / SWL’s on selected method of protection and any hazards identified within the worksite. Record briefing in accordance with company procedures
- Establish and maintain effective, clear communications with the signaller, PICOP and COSS’s / SWL’s
- Undertake any other sentinel competent duties if qualified as required
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Proven experience of running large multi-disciplined worksites (essential)
- Safe Work Leader 2 competence (essential)
- COSS competence (essential)
- Points Operator competence (essential)
- Level A Strapping competence (essential)
- Good communication skills written and oral (essential)
- Proven experience with worksite management (essential)
- Negative Short Circuiting Device Operators competence
- Safe Work Planner experience
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time