Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
We are hiring a Software Developer to join our multidisciplinary team in Austin Texas. In this role, you will have the opportunity to influence and shape the building automation platform of tomorrow! As a Software Developer, you'll participate in the process of designing, implementing, and testing frontend and backend applications for our innovative cloud-based Building Automation and integration platform.
- Design, implement, test, troubleshoot, and enhance software applications for a cloud-based building automation and integration platform.
- Develop and run automated tests for verifying system application functionality using an appropriate language or platform.
- Create and review technical documentation for internal process and external customer support.
- Collaborate with Senior Engineers to understand and elaborate market requirements to propose and implement product designs. Advanced understanding of quality attributes and their impact on SW products, design, and development.
- Participate and propose design alternatives via prototyping.
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology.
- Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products based on detailed system impact analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands-on experience with Git or similar Source Code Management (SCM).
- Practitioner of development practices for software documentation and test-driven designs.
- Works well in teams and on individual assignments.
- Actively shares knowledge and expertise with fellow team members.
- Able to provide reliable estimates to tasks and project scopes.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Knowledge of any other major programming language and computing platform (e.g. Python, C++ C#/.NET, etc.)
- Experience with other state-of-the-art full stack technologies (Angular, Typescript, Bootstrap, Node.js etc.).
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.