Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- Perform onsite service and migration projects for Siemens equipment in the office and at various customer locations nationally.
- Deliver technical support coaching and direction to end users and other Field Service Representatives as applicable
- Complete and submit written service reports and project documentation covering all aspects of each assignment and activity
- Identify additional chargeable opportunities including T&M, system extensions, upgrades and service contacts
- Work with Service Supervisor and Project Manager to plan work schedules 3-4 weeks in advance and organize tools equipment or materials as needed
- Responsible to achieve productivity and efficiency levels in-line with set targets
- Manage, execute and coordinate service tasks and migration projects with regards to execution time and budget constraints
- Responsible to monitor and document any execution slippage and work closely together with Supervisor for all the financial reports and slippage mitigation actions and coordinate timely invoicing
- Ensure the correct procedures and standard tools are fully utilized Work in compliance with ISO9000 standards and in accordance with the customers’ requirements and all other Company quality assurance procedures and technical directives
- Ensure all the necessary documentation work reports timesheets expense reports etc are provided in a timely manner
- Represent the Company and the department at customer premises in a professional manner at all times Establish a good working relationship with all customers and adhere to the company business code
- Ensure all work performed adheres to Employment Standard Act, Company EHS Policy, Statutory Regulations, Customers Requirements at all times
What will you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent working and programming knowledge of Siemens Process Automation Hardware and software (SIMATIC PCS 7 ver 7, 8 and 9) and relevant Industry standards
- Excellent working and programming knowledge of Siemens Factory Automation Hardware (SIMATIC S7 PLC family) and software (TIA Portal, Step 7) and relevant Industry standards
- Excellent working and programming knowledge of Siemens HMI Hardware (Comfort Panel etc) and software (WINCC Professional) and relevant Industry standards
- Proven diagnostic skills - able to systematically identify and resolve technical problems
- Proven programming skills – able to work in a team or lead an automation project
- Proven organizational skills - able to plan effectively and priorities workloads incl the ability to multi-task and delegate effectively
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure
- Commercially and technically aware
- Good communication skills - verbal and written
- Driving license is essential
- 10 Years experience in delivering high quality customer service to a broad range of customers
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.