Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Project Quality Manager to support our Southwest Zone. As a Project Quality Manager, you are to ensure adherence to the Siemens Smart Infrastructure quality management policies and procedures. This project quality expert is passionate about timely project execution and will ensure the implementation of quality requirements while collaborating with our project management team and customers, at defined quality gates, for projects typically over $1M.
- Manages scheduler’s workload and priorities.
- Establishes and executes project quality plans. Ensures quality assurance of projects across the entire project life cycle.
- Conducts project excellence reviews and quarterly risk reviews.
- Ensures implementation of standards and evaluates project readiness to proceed to the next set of project milestones.
- Drives improved change order volume and margins.
- Oversees cashflow plans, completes cost reviews, and forecasts project costs.
- Reviews, develops, and meets project closing plans, and metrics, on key projects. Drives an “Always Be Closing” mentality.
- Confirms documentation is complete and workflow standards are complete, for projects, as defined by the Zone Operations Manager and verifies that projects follow the project execution workflow.
- Schedules three customer visits per month in order to review project quality ensuring adherence to commitments.
- Acts as the point of contact for quality issues and assigns actions to improve project performance.
- Develops team by providing coaching and mentoring for 10 direct reports.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required Education: High school diploma / GED
- Required Experience: 5+ years successful project management experience running large building automation, building energy savings, security, fire, or general / mechanical contracting projects.
- Required Travel: 20% travel within the zone
- Other requirements:
- Thorough understanding of construction contract project life cycle and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to identify project issues and willingness to resolve deficiencies while mentoring the project manager in charge.
- Must be able to provide strong leadership and input to others as requested with strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Must have strong organization skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment within the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employment sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment within the United Sates.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or other related field.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.