Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Senior Software Engineer. This position is located in Knoxville, TN.
This is a role well suited
to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
· You will write, test, debug and peer review code for the console on a PET/CT system and create/review technical documentation
· You will collaborate with test engineers to design and implement software tests
· You will demonstrate your working code to stakeholders
· You will interface with internal partners including systems engineering, product management, project management, hardware and external partners including those in Germany and India
· You will provide technical leadership through code review, engage in discussions and voice your sound technical opinions to others and mentor junior software developers
This position may suit you best
if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your
career with Healthineers
· You have completed BS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ with years of professional software development experience or MS with 3+ with years of experience. Exceptional candidates who do not meet these requirements can also be considered.
· You have an expert knowledge of at least one object-oriented programming language (especially C#) with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly
· You have an expert knowledge of system and software development best practices and methodologies (design and architecture) including Unit and Integration techniques
· You have an experience with source control management and continuous integration (TFS)
· You have a genuine passion for software development demonstrated through significant past projects and have an attitude of getting things done
· Medical Device software is one of your interests and you have an initiative to find out what PET/CT systems are and self-learn about them
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
· Minimum of 3-5 years of professional programming experience with C#/.NET
· In depth knowledge of C#/.Net, WPF, WCF, Web Services, MVC, MVVM, Patterns/OO Design
· Experience in front-end development using WPF/XAML
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.