For Siemens Corporate Technology, we are looking for a Research Scientist for Additive Manufacturing
Processing development at earliest convenient.
Our Product & Service Innovation global business field fosters world-class product and service
innovations. Among other things, it focuses on developing new business opportunities, optimizing and
safeguarding business, and providing support in the positioning as a trendsetting company. Our research
team concentrates primarily on optimizing portfolios and processes, detecting and implementing trends,
enhancing expertise, promoting innovations, and expanding the service business.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect
the diversity of the communities within which we work.
What are my responsibilities?
The candidate will work as an Additive Manufacturing Research Scientist with the focus on the additive
manufacturing process development with the consideration of AM functional design, manufacturability
and final qualifcation. The candidate will dig out the needs from business units and external customer, put
forward innovation projects, discuss the projects with customers, and accomplish the projects in time.
• Serve as process development owner on additive product development projects, including main
metal Additive Manufacturing processes: SLM/LMD/WAAM;
• Communicate and obtain product statement of requirements, develop & optimize the proper AM
process with the goal of meeting performance and cost requirements;
• Perform the experimental and digital twin simulation for the AM process, to iterate and optimize
the process with the avoiding printing defects, complete qualification and release new AM
• Collaborates with engineering teams, material and AM design scientists to identify and drive
projects to realize the benefits of using Additive Manufacturing.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Minimum master degree in mechanical engineering or material engineering with emphasis in
additive manufacturing related field, Ph.D. is preferred;
• Minimum 2 years of Additive Manufacturing research experience, with industrial experience as
• Familiar and operation experience with the whole value chain of the additive manufacturing
process, including design, printing, post processing and testing, with the experience on the AM
process development of real industrial products is highly preferred
• Familiar with the AM printing software, such as Materialise Magics, and process simulation
softwares, such as NX, Ansys
• Experiences and insights in Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM) with the familiarity of
CAD/CAE software will be a plus
• Experience with working on and leading cross-functional teams;
• Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills in English;
• Self-motivated, fast learning, innovation and teamwork.
What else do I need to know?
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been
the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research and development unit - Corporate Technology
(CT) - plays an important role in this. Corporate Technology contributes to the Company’s success in
many functions, including technology and innovation strategy, research and development, cooperation
with universities and start-ups, patents and business excellence.
Officially opened in 2006, Corporate Technology China (CT CN) is the largest innovation branch outside
Germany. Many top-notch innovators work in Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuhan, Qingdao and
Tianjin. We combine the physical and the virtual worlds through our Core Technology Initiatives and
research projects in the areas of data analytics, the Industrial loT, autonomous systems, systems
integration, cyber security, etc. We are thus helping the Siemens Business Units turn inventions into
successful innovations in the market.
If you want to know more Siemens job opportunities, please be free to log in our career website
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time