During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they strive to understand what drives our customers. What is their environment or user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
We are looking for someone who wants to work in technical software engineering at Simcenter Flomaster development team.
Simcenter Flomaster offers fast and accurate simulation of liquid, gas and two-phase systems; facilitating upfront engineering to reduce lead times and optimise capital and operational expenditures.
We are seeking an individual with interest in software, mechanical engineering and simulation systems. A creative problem solver who is willing to take and own the risk of developing simple solutions to complex multi-dimensional problems.
We expect you to take initiative to push projects forward yourself and through others using system simulation and CFD to solve engineering problems.
You are willing and able to learn and apply in depth knowledge of
- Multiple languages / platforms including C# (.NET 5), C++, Python
- Cross platform development (Windows / Linux)
- 3rd party API’s (CAD, Fluid provider, System Simulators, 3D CFD)
- Algorithmic and platform / code specific optimisation techniques
- Use of TDD, SOLID and DRY practices
As part of an agile team, you will work with multiple teams who develop iteratively and collaborate with partners and senior fluid / mechanical engineers.
This role will involve the following aspects.
- Collaborating with Product Management to translate Engineering Requirements into sophisticated working software
- Designing and implementing code changes using Test Driven Development and Refactoring
- Working on all levels of the code from data and analysis to GUI
- Developing within an Agile Environment by working closely with other members of the Agile Team every day.
- Developing Flomaster’s underlying solution algorithms, mathematical models and physical models as well as extending its fluid system modelling capabilities.
- Able to embrace the joy of innovation in a collaborative environment
- Act as Technical Lead on Major Projects
- Works without supervision on highly complex projects with complete latitude for independent judgement and technical expertise.
- Coaching and Mentoring junior software engineers
- Degree educated in Technical, Engineering or Scientific field.
- Proven experience in a similar setting.
- Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging skills
Experience and expertise in one or more of these technical areas:
- Mathematical modelling, numerical techniques or Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Computational modelling of thermo-fluid engineering systems
- Developing for CAD systems
- Understanding 1D networks and internal flow system
- Data science and machine learning tools
- Participating in technical architecture decisions for complex products
- Building high-available, resilient, scalable, low latency services in distributed architecture
- Cooperate with product/design to build polished consumer facing products.
- User Experience and Graphic Design
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens. Make real what matters.
At Siemens, everyone can bring their whole self to work. This is why we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (UK) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time