Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Account Executive manages and grows the Energy Services (EnS) business as part of the Siemens Infrastructure (SI) Division of Siemens. This role will be a national role focused on selling our EnS offerings of energy supply side consulting services and demand side solutions and services to Enterprise customers nationally. This role has a primary market of medium to large Enterprise customers. It can be located anywhere in the US where there is a major airport as it is a remote position.
- Consultatively assists targeted private sector Enterprise Clients in understanding long-term financial business goals, uncovering challenges and defining long-term self-funding solutions or consulting services needs.
- Engage executive-level decision makers by demonstrating a thorough understanding of their business strategy and communicate how our EnS Solutions & Consulting Services will improve their business results.
- Develop and execute effective account development strategies using Continuous Data Analysis to positively impact the executive –level decision maker’s core business.
- Increase share of wallet, revenue, and customer satisfaction.
- Grow a network of Siemens sponsors and supporters at multiple levels within the named accounts as well as the ability to fully develop new accounts within the enterprise market.
- Performs strategic account development to align customer-specific needs with EnS Enterprise Solutions while differentiating EnS enterprise value from the competition.
- Understands the business of the account, including industry drivers, business objectives and operational issues and connects strategic EnS Enterprise solutions.
- Strives to add customer-specific value through improving business processes by viewing situations from the customer's perspective.
- Coordinates appropriate resources to effectively execute strategic Account Business Plans and opportunity pursuit plans.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking by anticipating future trends through looking outward at the customer's market, competition, and alternatives.
- Persists in the pursuit of account strategies exhibiting strength of purpose and determination in the face of challenges.
- Effectively manages the buying and selling process by involving a network of key players to solve customer operational issues to help them achieve their business objectives.
- Effectively positions the strategic value of EnS Enterprise solutions and services to key decision makers and influencers throughout the account.
- Provides accurate and current view of account penetration, sales performance, and customer satisfaction including the health of the funnel/pipeline.
What you will bring:
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience in the Energy and Sustainability arena highly preferred.
- Experience in supply side consulting and service delivery of energy supply services including energy procurement, budgeting, risk management, utility bill management and market advisory services highly preferred.
- Experience with high-performance buildings, energy efficiency, renewable energy systems and sustainability. An understanding of the market drivers for the aforementioned is highly preferred.
- Ability to provide “end-to-end” solutions that combines supply and demand side offerings to meet all of our customer’s energy and sustainability needs
- Experience with growing significant customer relationships interfacing with executive level decision makers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, management, and team members to achieve a complex set of goals.
- Experience with large customer management and with strategic customer management.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Experience in strategic business planning
- Strong financial business acumen.
- Strong background in value-based selling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.A. or equivalent work experience (High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam required)
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Other preferences:
- Ability to assume the role of an informal team leader; gaining buy-in and support from peers, and operations team members working toward on-time completion of project development goals that are technical, financial, and political in nature. Providing a comprehensive solution to Enterprise customers
- Existing experience with infrastructure, construction, engineering, or technology sales
- An understanding of and experience with financial analyses, and the ability to communicate financial metrics such Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, and Simple Payback to a wide-ranging audience.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.