Our Field Service Engineers troubleshoot to resolution electrical, electronic and software communication issues discovered through our rigorous testing procedures on Siemens Light Rail Vehicles. In this important role, you will need to be able to work with various design and system engineers, suppliers and technicians to understand the design, testing parameters, and functionality of the Light Rail Vehicle on its various components.
• Fully test integration of all sub-systems on the vehicles
• Provide expert level assistance in the diagnoses and repair of the Light Rail Vehicle and sub-components
• Review engineering design documents and schematics and verify compliance with system requirements, interface specification and technical specifications.
• Perform system and systems testing according to various railway specifications
• Review existing procedures and protocols for scope and accuracy
• Support technicians and engineers by assisting in the testing and help troubleshoot advanced technical issues
• Perform qualification tests utilizing data acquisition devices and various sensors including load cells, accelerometers, current transducers and temperature sensors
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 5+ years of related experience in Railway industry or related industries
• Decision making ability and problem-solving skills
• Ability to understand complex electrical schematics
• Fluent in English
• Excellent communication and computer skills
• Experience with data acquisition
• At times, extensive travel may be required
• Engineering degree in electrical or mechanical fields
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.