Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
As an Embedded Firmware Developer/ Tester for Siemens Building Products, you will participate within teams to improve and develop products for the commercial HVAC market with a focus on testing. You will be responsible for developing and testing products to satisfy customer needs and develop a platform to migrate the Propriety APOGEE System and the BACnet APOGEE system to the upgraded Global hardware platforms.
Design, implement, test, solve, and enhance software applications for building automation components and sub-systems. Develop and run automated tests for verifying sub-system application functionality. Build and review documentation for internal process and external customer support. Collaborate with Sr Engineers to understand market requirements to implement product designs. Review and understand software methodologies for product design and model documentation. Collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment. Follow detailed Siemens development processes. Participate in design alternatives via prototyping, peer programming and expert reviews. Hardworking and motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to know the newest technology trends. Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products. Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in timely manner.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Required education: Bachelor of Computer Science or related field
- Required experience: 3-5 years experience in assisting senior-level executives and their teams, with the proven ability to handle details and priorities in a fast-paced, driven environment in a high-tech company. Proficient in C, C++, Python and Microsoft Office applications.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Driven to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Able to work patiently with others in a sometimes stressful environment.
- Proactively shares knowledge across own organization.
- Outstanding communication, organization and efficiency.
- Motivated with a proven track record of working independently with minimal direction.
- Effectively represents company’s image in internal/external communications.
- Strategic and creative problem solver.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive flex vacation, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.