We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Test Automation Architect for our QA team to handle and drive the technical leadership and architecture of our automated testing activities for our next solutions for FIN Framework software.
As the Test Automation Architect of our QA team you will define automated testing strategies to ensure the product being released is up to industry and company standards. You will be the link between the development and testing team, getting the accurate knowledge transferred and then use that to drive the QA automation testing activities to the latest technologies standards.
You will work within a local and global team of highly skilled Senior Software Developer Engineers, Software Test Engineers, and Product Managers. Additionally, you will have significant interaction with the Developers and Testers working on our teams in Los Angeles and London.
Candidates for this position should be passionate about building high quality software and contributing to auto test architecture design and new tests. You will have strong analytical skills and a desire to share your knowledge and understanding of topics and empower your team members.
What we would like from your side?
- 5+ years of experience in Test Automation Architect
- Preferred, 10+ years of software testing experience
- Ability to learn new languages with relative ease, experience with high-level Object-Oriented languages and Functional Programming.
- Strong automation testing tools knowledge for different purposes or platform specific and identifying the optimum technical solution
- Ability to own the test automation vision for a product
- Extensive experience with CI/CD setups, tools, and maintenance
- Strong architect abilities of the automated testing framework
- Experience with Test management tools (Jira, Confluence,)
- Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Extensive understanding of systems and software architectural styles and design patterns
- Strong debugging skills and seasoned problem solver.
- Experience working in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience working on an agile development team and with developers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written. Proficient with design diagrams and phenomenal documentation skills.
- Provide mentorship to less experienced personnel
- BA/BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- Experience in testing web-based applications
- Ability to learn and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions on the edge OR in the cloud
- Knowing how to build unit tests is a plus
- Experience in testing on embedded devices is a plus
- Experience or proven interest in IoT is a plus.
The role that you will play:
- Own the vision and development of test automation strategy and architecture
- Participate in Sprint Planning to understand next steps of our software and prepare the testing activities accordingly
- Lead daily activities of test engineers within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Analyse the performance of our automation/CI testing and implement improvements.
- Directs, plans, and guides the automation team to conceive and implement test automation requirements and ensures the creation of quality automation test strategies for functional and non-functional testing
- Develop and maintain functional and regression tests to ensure code is functioning as crafted
- Use your strong background in quality assurance as you take a hands-on approach to mentoring teams of QA professionals
- Support testing of multiple major releases in coordination with development teams while supervising testing activities and key internal deliverable
- Understand BAS terms, concepts, and usability.
- Understand customer needs
- Make your mark in our exciting world as Siemens!
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more results-oriented and better prepared to respond efficient to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a
better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop
tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here:www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time