- Responsible for end-to-end creation, development, coordination, execution, publishing, and ongoing updating of a range of technical documents.
- Shares technical documentation needs with the Product Documentation Specialist to document and track all deliverables and writing needs of all product teams.
- Ensures consistency and thoroughness in all written material to ensure execution excellence.
- Works with technical writing team members to proofread and edit documentation prior to release.
- Conducts in-depth interviews with product experts to understand each product's functionality and features.
- Maintains strong working relationships and continual interfacing with core product teams.
- Research and tests new features in products to create effective, accurate documentation.
- Continually updates new solution functionality into written documentation, ensuring. accurate
- Reviews and updates technical documentation created on a routine basis.
- Uploads documents to production environments, shared sites, and online.
- Maintains extensive product knowledge through ongoing discussions with all product teams, participation in demos, training videos, etc.
- Provides help to team members on other written materials as needed.
- Flexibility to adjust in work times to work with remote and local teams, ability to work with stakeholders across different geographies, able to conduct online meetings in different time zones and work comfortably with members of team from different cultures.
- Uses standard error-free English understood across the world.
- Displays high proficiency in English writing for technical and non-technical audiences.
- At least 10 years in a technical documentation role with proven ability to work independently
- Ability to interact positively with a development team, work in an Agile environment, and deliver content in a two- or three-week sprint cycle
- Willingness to dive in and experience the product in order to create the best documentation
- Nice to have: Experience with documentation authoring tools
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or M.A. in English with a certificate in Technical Writing.
- Strong technical aptitude, proactive, decisive, independent thinker
- Solution-oriented approach with proven ability of producing technically accurate, high quality content
- Able to write clearly and accurately
- Work well in a team and independently
- Demonstrated ability to come up to speed quickly on a new project and balance multiple projects
- Take charge of a project from concept through production, or any stage in between
- Flexible and able to respond professionally and adjust priorities dynamically as required
- Visualize, communicate, and create diagrams for abstract concepts and processes
- Experience creating task-based and process flow documentation
- Excellent oral communication skills, research and interview skills, interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive experience using FrameMaker, Word, Acrobat Pro, Linux, vi, and other industry-standard authoring and system tools
- Knowledge in technical terminologies (e.g., API, SDLC, Java, J2EE, SOAP, JSP, etc.).
- Must work well under pressure with tight internal and external deadlines across multiple time zones.
- Highly organized with attention to detail/consistency.
- SaaS experience.
- HTML knowledge and experience.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time