Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We think our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious students. Especially as you’ll gain qualifications and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens in Manchester is the UK Siemens Headquarters, responsible for sales, marketing and customer services for the global industrial market. We are looking for people who want to make a difference and are excited about the prospect of learning new skills, taking on extra responsibilities and acting as if Siemens was your own business.
This Apprentice programme lasts for 4 years, during which time you will gain the necessary skills to ensure you are a fully productive member of our Digital Sales Team & are able to implement innovative ideas to continually improve how we work. The standard you will be put onto will be the Chartered Manager level 6.
Key responsibilities will include –
- Liaising with companies across the UK & Europe to create quotes for parts.
- Using digital technologies to make process improvements for the area.
- Working with Sales Engineers & Customers to provide product information in a timely manner.
- Ensuring good financial performance of the business around key accounts and customers.
- Updating product information systems so people can get information quickly and easily.
- Following up the quotes via outbound calls
- Completing product related queries
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Have a strong Growth Mindset - Resilient in the face of adversity, excited by the prospect of learning new things and motivated to continually stretch and challenge yourself.
- Very personable and happy to communicate with a wide range of people internal to Siemens and external.
- Entrepreneurially minded with an interest in technology and engineering.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You are highly organised and comfortable communicating with people across all levels of the organisation by phone, e-mail and online video.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible.
- Be excited by the prospect of working for the Siemens Digital Industries Division, with our product portfolio and in our customers’ industries.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
To qualify for this role you must have:
5 GCSEs : Grades A*- C or equivalent in relevant subjects
You must also be working towards or have already obtained:
2 x A Levels in relevant subjects (such as Maths / Engineering or Science)
What else do I need to know?
Throughout the apprenticeship there may be the requirement of occasional overtime as well as travel to other UK Siemens locations and potentially outside the UK. This is rarely short notice however and can usually be arranged around personal commitments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time