At Siemens Mobility, we innovate, digitalize and transform the way we travel through seamless, sustainable, reliable and secure transport solutions from the first mile to the last. Join us in changing the world we live in.
We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Data and Solutions Engineer with experience in end to end solution design and implementation to join our rapidly growing Customer Services team. This exciting role offers an opportunity to provide technical leadership and innovation within Siemens.
Working as part of the Customer Services team, you will work with subject matter experts to develop solution designs in line with customer requirements in strategic technology areas. You will work with the various Centres of Competence, technology teams, research & development and subject matter experts across the wider Siemens business to develop solutions that meet the customer needs and then with Engineering management, develop proposals that deliver commercially viable, highly customer focused solutions.
As Data and Solutions Engineer you will play a key role with involvement in a wide range of business development activities, including Siemens digital future. You will also have an opportunity to travel both in the UK and internationally and, over time, establish a rounded career in a global railway industry.
This role is based out of our Chippenham office, however we are happy to consider applications from other UK locations.
What are your responsibilities?
As Data and Solutions Engineer, you will provide strategic leadership in the following areas:
- Act as a technical subject matter expert in customer engagement, working closely with our Senior Engineers to establish relationships with existing and potential customers and explaining the benefits of our solutions
- Provide data management leadership for most existing data streams where new solutions and technology are being developed or proposed
- Maintain and improve our standard system configurations and embed them throughout our business for this specialist technology subject areas
- Initiate and manage detailed, multi-layered data systems
- Work closely with colleagues in lines of Business and Technology throughout the business, to ensure that our solutions meet our customers’ needs now and, in the future
- Determine most appropriate technical, product and commercial solutions within the given geographical and technical environment
- Plan, monitor, and control a programme of activity that results in resolution of emerging data management issue that inhibits delay to project progress and delivery
- Be a key player within the Business Development organisation, be comfortable to represent the company
- Develop solution designs in line with Siemens Customer Services strategy, standards and definitions allowing for the appropriate integration of Customer interfaces, data, and systems at a strategic level
- Ensure innovation and value engineering is applied to all proposals
- Provide technology strategy guidance by assisting with our internal roadmaps and our understanding of what our customers truly need
- Engage colleagues in other Siemens business areas to verify proposed designs
What experience do you need to apply for the role?
- Minimum of HNC or equivalent in a related engineering discipline (essential), ideally within electronics, electrical engineering or computer science is preferred
- A broad base of engineering skills, experiences, knowledge would be preferred
- Experience of working to industry quality and safety standards
- Ability to deliver both high level and detailed designs that are fit for purpose
- Willingness to fill gaps in own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning, and seeking information from within and outside the company
- Ability to translate and communicate complex technical solutions into business, operational or outcome orientated perspective
- Demonstrable customer focus in all work carried out
- Ability to understand and take account of the ‘big picture’ presented by the politics and sensitivities that surround the rail industry
- Strong and effective communicator at all levels within the Business and in front of new and existing customers
- Demonstrate innovative and creative thinking when performing problem solving initiatives
- Highly motivated, dependable, and self-reliant
- Demonstrate an ability to work in an environment where calculated risk taking is necessary
- Specific knowledge of railway systems and technologies (or relatable safety critical systems) is preferred
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time