Assembles or modifies electromechanical equipment (Switchboards, etc.) with the use of mechanical tools and blue prints.
What are the responsibilities for this position?
- Operates tools and equipment common to the mechanical trade (e.g. hand & power tools).
- Processes work orders (with the use of computers, scanning devices, etc.) in adherence to the production schedule or expedited orders.
- Scans in and out of work orders (with the use of computers, scanning devices, etc.) in adherence to the production schedule or expedited orders.
- Reads and interprets documents associated with the completion of mechanical assembly assignments (e.g. blue prints, bill of materials, one line diagrams, etc.).
- Gathers parts and accessories required in the assembly process.
- Assembles fabricated parts to create unit assemblies (Switchboards) or subassemblies.
- Fastens component parts on frames, subassemblies, or unit assemblies.
- Connects cables and basic wires.
- Verifies that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- Disassembles units to adjust or replace parts.
- Marks unit assemblies with identifying information and/or attaches identifying tags.
- Reports non-conforming items (e.g. parts, schematics, blue prints, etc.)
- Prepares finished units for shipping (e.g. packing, sealing, labeling, etc.)
- Cleans and maintains equipment and work area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Accesses and utilizes various documents, with the use of computers, associated with the manufacture of products in assembly (e.g. Quality and Safety Documents, Operating Instructions, etc.)
- Performs other work as directed by Supervision.
What are the required knowledge/skills, education, and experience for this position?
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Basic Computer Skills, and use of basic mechanical/measuring tools
- Blue Print reading
What additional knowledge/skills, education, and experience will be beneficial for this position?
- Wiring experience and technical aptitude a plus.
- knowledge on electrical distribution equipment is a plus.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.