Senior Business Analyst for Simulation-SISW-PLM
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
The Senior Business Analyst will monitor competitive developments in the market including a target list of specific competitors, industry trends, sales engagement & feedback, analyst monitoring, social media, and news sources. Individual will create competitive collateral to support the business and facilitate the sharing of information.
The Main objective of the position and the impact of the role is to provide data related to our competitors or on trending topics to enable our internal customers to formulate strategies or make decisions based on facts. The candidate will also get feedback from internal customers; business unit, sales, strategy team etc. on quality and effectiveness of the material and on overall ability to build/network within the organization. The Business Analyst will evangelize competitive intelligence and help make it a company culture.
The role of Senior Analyst will report to the Director of Competitive Intelligence. The CI team is in Siemens PL Strategy which is part of Siemens Digital Factory.
· Be the go-to person or trusted advisor on the competitor you are responsible for.
· Provide information on competitive topic to the organization in a concise manor through various formats; white papers, presentation, social media, xls files etc.
· Provide guidance on why or why not the information is important to our business
· Help answer question or provide guidance on competitive topics
· Develop a network of people you can tap into. The individual cannot be the expert on every aspect of the competitors and their products
· forecast what and how the competitor might do next
· Develop common structure for industry competitive collateral and work with industry leads to support the next generation of industry competitive content.
· Primary and secondary research
· Create/manage/maintain data on the competitor/topic
· Report on noteworthy competitor activity
· Use social media to communicate to internal customers
· Participate in planning sessions
· Work individually and as a team on project
· Try and improve overall CI process within the team and across the
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing or Business
year in product engineering, manufacturing or software development in any of
nine industries: Automotive, Aero &
Defense, Industrial or Heavy equipment, Electronics
& semiconductors, Consumer Products & Retail, Energy, Medical and Marine.
in the Product Lifecycle Management market or tools would be
· Ability to travel 10-15%
have strong; communication skills, both oral and written, time
management and be proficiency with MS office products
have good analytic skills, able to compile information from various types
of sources to develop an overall understanding of a competitor
· Must be self-motivated
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.