Siemens Digital Industries Software
Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career at Siemens Digital
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation—helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Currently we’re recruiting interns for our Summer 2021 Strategic Student Program. Our internships are designed to give you exposure to different career paths to help you choose the one that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. Our goal at Siemens is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Able to work remotely, for 40 hours/week over summer 2021
- Authorized to work in the United States without current or future need for sponsorship
- Individual career development planning
- Networking with our global leaders
- Leadership opportunities
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Competitive hourly rate
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Marketing Intern: Energy Industry Strategy
The Energy Research and Partner Strategy intern will assist the global Energy & Utilities Industry organization in evolving and expanding Siemens DISW’s technology/channel and SI partner strategy and applied tactics. Siemens’ technology partner ecosystem includes large and small companies developing software, hardware, equipment, computers and peripherals that are complementary to Siemens products. Work will include research, strategy development, marketing material development, process automation, and competitive analysis. The intern should be excited about technology application, collaborate well, be highly organized and detail-oriented as well as self-motivated, goal-oriented and possess good interpersonal communication skills. The intern will champion projects that will:
- Research current technology partners with emphasis on understanding complementary product offerings
- Research competitor technology partner programs with an analysis of pro/con in contrast to Siemens DISW
- Craft a database to capture, manage, analyze, and communicate data on partners and partner success
- Develop relationships with partners and champion joint marketing programs.
- Create and edit marketing and partner program material
- Investigate financial impacts of digital deployment to quantify savings and revenue growth for partners’ clients
- Create financial analysis model to calculate NPV and IRR for software deployment to bring ROI into E&U messaging for partners’ clients
· Relevant course work in marketing, information systems or data analytics strongly preferred
· Highly organized and able to coordinate and pursue multiple efforts simultaneously
· Rapid learner with strong project management skills
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Highly motivated, creative, persistent self-starter who is adept at coordinating and communicating with a wide variety of individuals
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and ability to create custom reports; understanding of Tableau is a plus
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.