If you’re deeply technical and passionate about building the best products for your customers, come join the engineering teams at Siemens. Whether you want to work on some of the world’s largest Industrial IOT systems, leverage cutting edge AWS technologies, streamline content delivery to end-users globally, build an awesome user experience, or just code to solve some of the hardest software problems, you will love working at Siemens. Come join our startup culture and participate first hand in designing the next generation of computing.
Work with cross-functional teams to ensure that we build world class products and services. Perform research and development on new technologies and methodologies for quality efforts. Develop best practices leveraged across Siemens business segments for cloud development and deployment.
Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems. You will work with technical leaders to refine our technical direction, ensure design for testability, and reliable operation of core services, which support all Siemens cloud services. You will work across agile teams that ship features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers. Provide problem resolution and technical leadership for the group. Self-directed work on highly complex projects with latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise.Responsibilities:
- Define the overall quality strategy our products and services
- Mentor, train and support other teams in overall testing processes and strategy
- Develop quality best practices and standards. Build highly maintainable and reusable automation modules
- Serve as a subject matter expert on issues that impact product quality, performance, scalability and system stability
- Effectively facilitate and drive the quality of applications and services for multiple teams
- Work closely with product management and with customers to understand how products could be more effective, and put those insights into action
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team spanning hardware, software, cloud development and product management.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline required
Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as:
8+ years of professional experience in software development and/or quality engineering, with experience in one or more areas:
- Complex systems including a mix of embedded and cloud development
- Defining quality strategies that yield the highest quality and factor in resource usage, engineering efficiency, and the competencies of the team
- Test automation design at all levels from unit to end to end system testing
- Effective use of the CI/CD pipeline to produce high quality products and services
- Administrative experience with Linux/UNIX systems
- Experience with data processing technologies such as Kafka/Kinesis, Spark, Storm
- Experience testing event-based, microservices architectures
- Knowledge of multi-tier architectures across multiple technology stacks .net, Java, J2EE, web servers, caching, application servers, RDBMS/NoSQL: MySQL, Mongo, Dynamo DB
- Proficiency (one or more years) in solution design using AWS or Azure
- Understanding of core AWS/Azure services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
It is highly desirable that the candidate possess one or more of the following:Cloud development experience
- Experience with IoT cloud platforms/services
- Experience with complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS
Proactive business skills and strong collaborative skills are required.
- Self-Directed, High Energy
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision as part of a globally distributed virtual team
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles and geographical and time zone boundaries
- Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including management, and customers.
- High degree of organization to manage & maintain project plans, road maps & provide accurate updates as part of the review cycle.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.