We are seeking passionate, and enthusiastic software developers and development managers to join the software teams at Siemens. Whether you want to work on some of the world's largest Industrial IOT systems, leverage cutting edge AWS technologies, streamline content delivery to end-users globally, build an awesome user experience, or just code to solve some of the hardest software problems, you will love working at Siemens. Come join our startup culture and participate first hand in designing the next generation of computing.
Work with cross-functional teams to develop products, business processes and online commercialization of cloud applications. Perform research and development on new cloud technologies and methodologies. Develop best practices leveraged across Siemens PLM business segments for cloud development and deployment.
Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems. You will work with technical leaders to refine our technical direction, and own design, implementation, and operation of core services, which support all Siemens cloud services. You will work closely with a tight, agile team that ships features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers. Provide problem resolution and technical leadership for the group. Self-directed work on highly complex projects with latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise.Responsibilities:
- Develop and extend the existing web services for current IoT products
- Design new features to address customer use cases in existing markets
- Work closely with product management and with customers to understand how products could be more effective, and put those insights into action
- Identify opportunities for system improvements that can enhance the operation of the entire end-to-end system
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team spanning hardware, software, cloud development and product management.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline required
Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as:
4+ years of professional experience in software development, with experience in one or more areas:
- Experience with data processing technologies such as Kafka/Kinesis, Spark, Storm
- Java microservice frameworks like Spring Boot or Quarkus
- Define, design and deliver a distributed automation platform for compute, storage, database, queuing and other infrastructure
- Understanding – web service development
- Knowledge of multi-tier architectures across multiple technology stacks .net, Java, J2EE, web servers, caching, application servers, RDBMS/NoSQL: MySQL, Mongo, Dynamo DB
- Proficiency (one or more years) in designing, developing and deploying cloud based solution using AWS or Azure
- Understanding of core AWS/Azure services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
It is highly desirable that the candidate possess one or more of the following:Cloud development experience
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS
- Selecting appropriate AWS services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
- Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on AWS
- Implementing cost control strategies
Proactive business skills and strong collaborative skills are required.
- Self-Directed, High Energy
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision as part of a globally distributed virtual team
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles and geographical and time zone boundaries
- Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including management, and customers.
- High degree of organization to manage & maintain project plans, road maps & provide accurate updates as part of the review cycle.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.