Are you passionate about Project Management and the latest signalling technologies in rail road manufacturing?
Siemens Mobility is an outstanding place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Senior Project Manager Signalling for our Milan Offices, we'll offer you the support to make it happen!
In this role you will supervise projects from the bid phase through to customer acceptance. You will perform project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities). You will also supervise, advise and empower the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects.
In addition, you will ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project completion. Travel to Customer sites is required. This role will involve extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, procurement, manufacturing, and other members of multi-functional teams.Your Responsibilities
- Participate in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and project requirements.
- Analyze plans, contract specifications and requirements to settle project requirements. Follow up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of project scope.
- Lead the development of project plans in advance of project activity to assure effective execution by the Project Team and supervise progress to ensure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Coordinate preparation and execution of engineering schedules. Utilize financial and monthly forecasting to handle and contain costs. Prepare or coordinates preparation of progress billings, pursue timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Participate in Project evaluations, acceptance testing, handles the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings, system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
- Previous sound project management experience including management-oversight of project profit and loss and leading multi-functional teams.
- Experience working with customers and leading customer interactions.
- Validated Experience in Railroad Signalling Technology
- Knowledge of signaling systems for metro/railway lines
- Claim Settlement experience desired
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) desired
- Electrical or Computer Engineering Degree preferred
- Proficient in Italian and English
What else do I need to know?
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
NOTE: For the new GDPR we manage only online applications (in English) and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility S.r.l.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time