Join us in Siemens Mobility as TfL Maintenance Manager where you will be responsible for ensuring TfL signalling support contracts, and all associated works, are delivered in line with the contract requirements and financial budgets. You will act as the primary interface to the client(s) and will be responsible for coordinating the service delivery in line with the Customer Services model, ensuring key functions such as engineering, project management, R&D and manufacturing teams work collaboratively to achieve the overall business objectives. You will work closely with our TfL Key Account Manager to ensure delivery of exceptional customer service.
The role will require development, implementation and continuous improvement of key processes and procedures, effective resource management across different teams within Customer Services, as well as the wider Rail Infrastructure business, coordination of internal and external stakeholders, as well as developing customer and industry partner relationships.
The role will be predominantly based at Romford ROC (Rail Operating Centre) for the first two years, after which the contract scope will reduce the need to be on site. The role will include the requirement to undertake duties outside of core working hours as leader of, and occasionally as part of, an on-site roster delivering support 24/7 365 days a year.
What are your responsibilities:
- Manage resource allocation to deliver all contractual requirements, including facilitating resolution of any general requests and technical issues, to the client's satisfaction
- Developing and managing technical teams across multiple locations to deliver key business objectives, including 24/7 365 operations at Romford ROC.
- Work with engineering management to develop engineering organisational capability using all HR processes, procedures and tools including: Recruitment, Competence Management, Performance Management, Talent Management, Development plans and Succession planning.
- Continuous management, policing, development, and improvement of processes to ensure consistent and successful maintenance service delivery
- Support the Account Manager with identification, development, and delivery of opportunities to increase project revenue through customer variation orders and supporting bids for new contracts.
- Actively prepare and participate in customer meetings, taking the lead in service and maintenance areas and activities. This would include production of reports, KPIs, studies, recommendations, and update on contract status.
- Working with engineering, materials, and supply chain management to continually assess and ensure that the Customer Services team can provide support for all legacy and new products and systems including resolution of obsolescence issues.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Team and People Management Skills (essential)
- Demonstrable experience in Maintenance Management, Service Management or Engineering (essential)
- Proven ability to be able to extract and understand contract conditions and requirements and implement them (essential)
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with customers, external partners, and internal colleagues at all levels (essential)
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple and changing demands
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Knowledge of contract safety requirements and contract conditions
- Degree qualified or equivalent – an engineering degree is preferred due to the technical requirements of the job.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time