Real Estate and Project Management Internship – Southern England
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical technology, we’re offering an ambitious intern the chance to join Siemens Healthineers and work within our EMEA Real Estate (RE) team. This new position will be involved with a number of ongoing large projects within the UK and wider EMEA, providing hands on experience with new construction and operational activities. Starting in September 2021, this 12-month internship will provide you with exposure to senior management and the skills and knowledge you need to start your career in Real Estate and Project Management.
- Participation within the project teams of active construction projects delivering new manufacturing facilities in the UK
- Creation, facilitation, and distribution of stakeholder communications, including newsletters and conference calls
- Collection and processing of data within operational and integration projects across ~200 EMEA locations
- Coordination of project activities and stakeholders, ensuring timely achievement of milestones
- Attendance at site meetings and inspections to ensure contracted service delivery
- Supporting the EMEA RE team with a wide variety of operational tasks
Education and experience:
- Studying towards or recent graduate of a degree in Real Estate and/or Project Management. This internship would be ideal for a student completing a placement year as part of their degree
- Experience in real estate or projects is advantageous
- Strong communication skills as well as excellent presentation and administration skills.
- Excellent time management and task coordination skills essential
- Flexible, resilient, can overcome obstacles, and learn from mistakes
- Confident in working independently and take ownership of challenges and ideas
- Bring curiosity and the ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances
- To maximise the role experience and delivery, time on a variety of sites across Southern England including should be expected. This includes our headquarters in Frimley and sites in Oxford.
- A full UK driving license to travel across multiple sites would be beneficial but not essential.
• A competitive internship salary
• 26 days annual holiday
• Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
• Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to gym memberships
• Generous pension contributions
• Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives and you will join a diverse network of graduate, intern and early career professionals.
About Siemens Healthineers:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
The Europe, Middle East and Africa Real Estate region covers 39 countries with ~200 office and manufacturing locations. We expect to add ~60,000m2 of new office and manufacturing space within the UK, and complete 10-15 office relocations across EMEA over the next two years.
We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
Being part of our team:
Our success comes from our people – we are around 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries who are passionate about innovating the future of healthcare. You can also learn more about our people and principles here.
Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
The deadline for applications is 28th February 2021 however applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we may close the vacancy early. We therefore recommend that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time