We are Siemens Mobility - We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional, and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are innovative and efficient while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources.
We seek to hire a Team Leader for Network Control (NC) supporting our Rail Electrification business with overall responsibility for the engineering team's day-to-day management. This position is responsible for developing the NC contract submittals and all other associated documentation, calculations, and drawings in North America (NAM).
You will play a vital role in the safe and accurate completion of all Engineering deliverables to ensure projects are delivered timely and on-budget and that we are meeting all environmental, safety, and quality requirements. You will also coordinate multi-disciplinary Engineering designs (while incorporating safety & quality procedures) between the various engineering teams, including those produced by our external approved suppliers and other third parties.
This role requires that you provide the highest quality and level of Customer service and, at the same time, the achievement of the delivery timescales and at budgeted cost without compromising the quality of product or service is a critical success factor.
This position will support the Technical Manager (TM) and the Head of Engineering in our picturesque office in Tualatin, OR. In some instances, you may also act as the Technical Manager – NC as nominated by the Head of Engineering.Areas of responsibility/tasks:
- Review and appraise all tender specs and associated project documents as part of the LoA process
- Assist with the development of Bid estimates and documentation for new opportunities
- Drive the Engineering project schedule on a project and enterprise level
- Ensure that any sub-contracted Engineering design work is awarded and led in a professional, cost-efficient manner
- Ensure that all project Engineering designs are aligned with all applicable standards including, but not limited to, ANSI / IEEE and NEMA standards
- Ensure productive and efficient use of technical resources to achieve company targets, margins, and profit
- Ensure sufficient resources are acquired on time to meet Program commitments
- Positively influence Engineering design and construction safety performance and aims for zero accidents
- Provide technical support to all Project Manager(s) and Commercial Manager(s) to ensure all Engineering design change requests are processed promptly
- Maintain effective communications with all project participants to ensure contract delivery on-time and within budget
- Take an active role as the local mentor of junior staff to ensure we meet the developmental needs of both the individual and the business
- Flexible approach to work and ability to prioritize and handle your time optimally
- Offer strong attention to detail and make accurate judgments
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Factory Integration Testing (FIT), and Field / Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) as required
- Willingness to travel across the USA
- Owner of engineering tools (Simatic® Manager, TIA Portal, Sitras® RSC / WinCC® OA, Sitras® Pro / MDC, Digsi® 5)
- Engineering degree (bachelors required, masters preferred)
- Professional Engineer (PE) qualified in any US state (preferred)
- Minimum ten (10) years' experience
- Proven in-depth knowledge and understanding of AC and DC rail electrification schemes, particularly NC assets
- Proficient in discipline-specific ANSI / IEEE and NEMA standards
- Has an understanding of interfaces between engineering subject areas involved in the project
- Can influence or directly lead those whose parts contribute to compliance
- Understands their responsibility for appointing adequate proficient engineering resources to undertake the works
- Proven experience in leading people in a dynamic and challenging business environment
- Robust organizational, collaborative, and leadership experience and capability
- Strong business and financial understanding and a good appreciation of contractual, commercial issues associated with design business
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to communicate and report at all levels effectively
- Proven in-depth knowledge of and experience of Siemens' Electrification products is an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio), MS Project Professional, and Oracle Primavera P6 (preferred)
- Promote our 'Zero Harm' culture
- Accept a personal responsibility to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions
- Take care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an environmental impact
- Ensure compliance with the business procedures relative to their position
- Follow emergency procedures and wear approved personal protective equipment (PPE) / clothing and use safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations
- Use all equipment provided safely - notify management of any observed deficiencies or defects as soon as they become apparent
- Advise management of any changes in materials, plant or processes and of any new materials, plant or methods which become apparent in the course of work that may impact on safety or the environment
- Inform management of any potential items that could improve our environmental performance or any hazards, injuries, or dangerous occurrences, which become apparent during work
- Stop work when instructed and only resume or commence work when it is safe to do so
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming our Team Lead for Network Controls, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.