Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We think our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious students. Especially as you’ll gain a degree and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions.
The Siemens Digital Industries Facility in Congleton is an award-winning facility, responsible for designing, manufacturing and servicing inverters for the global industrial market. The factory is undertaking an ambitious digital transformation to help increase productivity and deliver more innovative products and services to our customers.
to watch a video that brings the Congleton site to life!
Our inverters support companies to maximise performance in a sustainable and efficient way that will reduce environmental impact. We are looking people who want to make a difference who have a keen interest in engineering.
This Degree Apprentice program lasts for approximately 5 years, during which time you will gain the necessary skills to work alongside our Manufacturing Test Engineering Team.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from your apprenticeship:
- Along with your team, be responsible for providing the equipment and technology to test all of our products accurately and efficiently as they progress through the manufacturing processes
- Provide a key role in ensuring the quality of our products as well as improving the capacity of our assembly lines.
- Develop core skills such as communication, presentations and organisation through formal training courses and involvement in our Corporate Social Responsibility projects promoting STEM across local schools and colleges.
During your time with us, you will work towards:
Level 2 Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations
HND Electrical & Electronic Engineering (day release).
BEng (Hons) in Automation & Control - A new and unique top-up degree solution delivered in conjunction with the University of Salford that includes our own Siemens Certified PLC Programmer Accreditation.
We are looking for ambitious, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Have a strong Growth Mindset - Resilient in the face of adversity, excited by the prospect of learning new things and motivated to continually stretch and challenge yourself.
- Very personable and happy to communicate with a wide range of people internal to Siemens and external.
- Self-motivated problem solver dedicated to delivering excellent results.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible.
- Be excited by the prospect of working for the Siemens Digital Industries Division, with our product portfolio and in our customers’ industries.
- Minimum educational requirements:
- Achieved or be on track to achieve two A Levels / A2: Grades A*-C or equivalent including maths or physics
- We also welcome applications from those with a BTEC Level 3 in engineering certificate.
What else do I need to know?
Throughout the apprenticeship there will be the requirement of shift work and overtime as well as travel to other UK Siemens locations and potentially outside the UK.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity in the workplace and is a corporate member of WISE (Women in Science, technology and Engineering), and a signatory to the WISE Ten Steps campaign.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time