Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We think our apprenticeship programmes are a great alternative to university for ambitious students. Especially as you’ll gain qualifications and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions.
The Siemens Digital Industries Facility in Congleton is an award-winning facility, responsible for designing, manufacturing and servicing inverters for the global industrial market. The factory is undertaking an ambitious digital transformation to help increase productivity and deliver more innovative products and services to our customers.
to watch a video that really brings the Congleton site to life!
Our inverters support companies to maximise performance in a sustainable and efficient way that will reduce environmental impact. We are looking people who want to make a difference who have a keen interest in engineering.
This apprenticeship will be working within our Supply Chain Management Department working as part of the Global Procurement Team.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from the apprenticeship:
- Along with your team, you'll be responsible for all aspects of sourcing the components that go into our products.
- Build relationships with key suppliers,
- Help work with our suppliers and engineering functions to introduce new innovations at the product design phase
- Negotiate pricing agreements on our core components.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Have a strong Growth Mindset - Resilient in the face of adversity, excited by the prospect of learning new things and motivated to continually stretch and challenge yourself.
- Very personable and happy to communicate with a wide range of people internal to Siemens and external.
- Organised and a good eye for detail.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible.
- Be excited by the prospect of working for the Siemens Digital Industries Division, with our product portfolio and in our customers’ industries.
To qualify for this role you must have or be working towards:
Two A Levels / A2: Grades A*-C or equivalent in relevant subjects
We also welcome applications from those with a BTEC Level 3 certificate.
What else do I need to know?
Throughout the apprenticeship there will be the requirement of shift work and overtime as well as travel to other UK Siemens locations and potentially outside the UK.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity in the workplace and is a corporate member of WISE (Women in Science, technology and Engineering), and a signatory to the WISE Ten Steps campaign.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time