We are looking for an IE engineer to lead VCB manufacturing technology across the whole value stream from prototype to mass production including welding tech., die tech., box build tech. etc., training operators and optimizing production facilities, process, material and environment, to reduce waste, improve manufacturing efficiency and quality. working closely with technical, material, logistic, quality and assembly team to reach annual productivity target, promoting automation and digitalization level as well.
- Take in charge of welding process development and optimization.
- Design, fabricate, repair and maintain fixtures & tools.
- Design and optimize production line, including layout, workstation, head count planning, etc.
- Generate SOP, measure standard time and routine
- Introduce robots to replace manual work to enhance company's manufacturing automation level
- Manage the database
- Use software to do plant simulation including workstation, production line etc.
- Implement productivity improvement related projects
- Work together with R&D on review and analysis of DFM and VCB product prototype and provide R&D with suggestions for optimization in the view of manufacturability
- You have a university degree or above with major in material forming and control engineering, mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- You have 5+ years of working experience in IE function; minimum 1 years’ experience of welding manufacturing
- You have hands-on experience in welding and new product trial production.
- You have experience in testing methods for welding
- You are familiar with 6 Sigma, DOE, SPC, Cpk & Cmk, GR&R, FMEA, CAD, etc.
- You have basic knowledge of Lean Production
- You are a good team player with excellent communication and coordination skills
- You are highly self-motivated, resilient.
- You have a good command of oral and written English.
- High degree of personal responsibility
- Employment with performance-based pay and bonuses
- Opportunities to train yourself in your field
- Personal atmosphere, humorous and open-minded team
- Many challenging and varied projects
- A reasonable working pace – strike a balance between work and life
At Siemens, we value diversity as the inclusion of and collaboration of different thinking, background, experience, expertise and individual qualities across all organization levels and dimensions. We encourage and support our employees to develop their personal skills and strengths, regardless of gender identity, nationality, age, religious beliefs etc. We believe diversity strengthens our innovative capacity, unleashes the potential of Siemens’ employees, and thereby directly contributes to our business success.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Switchgear Ltd., Shanghai
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time