Siemens Logistics LLC is seeking a highly qualified and talented Senior Accountant supporting our US Operations at our DFW Airport (Irving,) Texas location. The Senior Accountant role assists with routine accounting activities such as basic account reconciliations and preparation of journal entries. Assists with the period-end closing processes and reporting within the Siemens Guidelines / IFRS framework. Candidates should possess excellent analytical, research, communication and organizational skills. Should rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Preparation and posting of monthly journal entries
• Prepare account reconciliations
• Document internal operating and control procedures
• Review processes, recommend improvements, and work with IT on implementing process changes
• Assist in preparing schedules for auditors
• Assist with monthly and year-end closes and audits, adhering to corporate deadlines
• Complete special projects as required - will then present results of budget or cost planning to senior management.
•5+ years of experience in a traditional (GL, balance sheet, journal entries, account reconciliations) accounting role
• BA / BS degree in Accounting or related field/or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of SAP a plus
• Knowledge of Fixed Assets a plus
• CPA certification a plus
• Analytical and research skills with the ability to pay attention to detail
•Time and organizational skills
•Ability to multi-task and work well independently and with others
•Good written and oral communication skills
•Proficient in Excel
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.