At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
PreSales Solution Engineer - Mendix
As a PreSales Solution Engineer (SE) on the Mendix PreSales team, you are a critical part of making the team successful. You work with Sales and Solution Architects to build low-code apps that highlight our product value and key differentiators. You work with customers and internal stakeholders to understand requirements and execute on those using your skills in system architecture and development.
As a PreSales Solution Engineer with Mendix you are a “maker” who understands our customers. You will be responsible for partnering with our Strategic Account Executives and Solution Architects to demonstrate the value of the Mendix platform. Solution Engineers spend most of their time building with our low-code platform, and they combine this with some customer-facing activities to support sales efforts.
- Working with low-code tools to deliver POC apps to support the sales process
- Building process and infrastructure that supports the scalability of our presales team as it grows
- Facilitating discussions and workshops with customers to understand their application portfolio and find the best places for them to apply the Mendix Platform
- Performing product presentations and demonstrations (both online and onsite)
- Running technical deep dive and architecture sessions with customers, partners and other stakeholders
prospects and customers on the use of the Mendix Platform in their environment
Required Knowledge\Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor/MS degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent degree in a technical field
- Over 5 years of fulltime (non-University-related) work experience.
- Recent experience developing with Java or other major programming language
- Good understanding of PaaS and the cloud market space
- Well versed in complex application architecture, comparing and contrasting technologies against middleware, IoT, BPM, SOA, 4GL, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to help customers find the right solution
- Can function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Comfortable presenting to all levels of an organization
- Open to 20% travel (based on pre-Covid travel expectations)
- Must be able to work remotely from a home
Preferred Knowledge\Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience building apps with low-code platforms
- Experience in a PreSales Solution Architect or Solution Engineer role
- Experience with Java, CSS, HTML, XML, SOAP, REST APIs and SQL
- Experience/training in solution selling
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.