Software Engineer - Advanced
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
- Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery
- Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism
- Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems
- Creates, documents, and executes software designs which may involve complicated workflows or multiple product areas
- Technical lead of multiple projects within the group and provides technical/strategic inputs
- Consults with product management team / customers regarding new features and escalation in the current products
- Works with minimal supervision on complex projects with wide latitude for independent judgment
- Focus on Teamcenter implementation skills – server and client configurations and extensions
- Works under the guidance of Engineering Manager/Senior Engineer to architect and develop solutions
- Collaborate with Teamcenter functional experts to understand technical requirements and create high and low level design documents
- Able to learn new technologies from across Siemens portfolio rapidly
- Previous experience must include hands on development, installation and configuration of enterprise systems
- Previous development experience must demonstrate solid programming skills in C/C++, ITK, SOA, and Active Workspace and demonstrate systems thinking in design of data model
- Must be excellent team player
Prerequisites and Essential functions:
- Experience with maintaining Rich & thin client enterprise level application
- Prior experience in developing or customizing applications on Teamcenter PLM platform including Active Workspace
- One Scripting language knowledge Python/Shell/Perl etc.
- Prior experience in web technology with Java Script, CSS, HTML, Angular JS/React/Vue
- Well aligned with best development practices like TDD, BDD along with Agile software development
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple development organizations
- Strong knowledge of client server architecture and development
- Ability to understand complex products, solutions and problems
- Experience in Teamcenter development and BMIDE is added advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along good problem articulation skill
- 6+ years of experience in one or more PLM Products is preferred
- Experience in one or more tools (CAE/CAD/CAM, PDM, Digital Manufacturing) is preferred
- 3+ year of experience in Agile process and methodology is required
Participates in project planning (task subdivision and identification, dependency identification, estimating effort) and project tracking (monitoring, reporting, and adjusting).
Follows documented practices, standards, and procedures to help efficiently develop high-quality software.
or domain knowledge:
Maintains industry and technology knowledge in relevant product areas. Evaluate customer requests and develop an understanding of customer needs.
Possesses sufficient domain knowledge to understand and analyze requirements and document the requirements informal specifications.
Proposes and defines creative and feasible solutions to effectively address the requirements, and documents (or assists to document) in formal specifications.
Analyzes code paths and system functionality to create test plans.
and Software Design:
Designs well-constructed software functions that are potentially reusable. Documents the software design.
Uses clear, understandable logic to write efficient, maintainable code, which meets design specifications, quality requirements, and coding standards.
Executes code level and system level test plans and reports results.
Maintains existing products and troubleshoots customer problems. Explores the actual root cause of a deficiency such that the source of the problem is removed, rather than implementing a symptomatic fix.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.