Senior Procurement Engineer-
Position Overview: The Senior Procurement Engineer is responsible for effectively leading, developing and executing product sourcing strategies for new products. This position is responsible for leading supply chain/procurement activities to bring a product to Market. Position resides in the R&D organization and reports into the Head of Corindus Procurement.
- Directs sourcing, supplier selection, evaluation contract negotiations and development of suppliers as it relates to new products
- Lead the process of implementing supplier agreements with key NPD suppliers from inception to execution and ensure compliance with its terms and conditions
- Liaison between supplier(s) and internal specialists, e.g Engineering, Quality , Operations and Legal , thereby owning the procurement outcomes to satisfy development requirements
- Supports collaboration between commodity management, R&D designers, and suppliers by sponsoring "Design to Cost" workshops with suppliers
- Key member of project core teams to support NPD as a liaison between production, engineering, quality, and product management to coordinate new program requirements for raw materials and finished goods as well as to ensure appropriate Design for Manufacturability
- Responsible for tactical procurement of prototype parts and services to include processing purchase orders and supplier follow up to ensure prompt delivery
- Promote early integration of strategic suppliers in co-engineering and co-development opportunities to provide optimal quality and cost delivery
- Promote organizational strategies (such as hardware standardization, use of Siemens spend pooling and supply base leverage for component cost and obsolescence management, etc.) for optimized materials life cycle management
Position Requirements - Education, Knowledge, Years of Experience, etc.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
- 5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5 years of Engineering/Technical experience (preferably Electro-mechanical)
- Experience with the use and maintenance of ERP/MRP systems, preferably SAP
- Proven experience in a dynamic pace medical manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Experience in a medical device environment with knowledge of ISO 13485, GMP, and FDA regulations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication, continuous improvement, and organizational skills
- Must have a high degree of integrity and a predisposition for results
- Ability to multitask and work under aggressive deadlines
- Problem solving skills and the ability to take a logical approach to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel if required (~10%)
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Corindus, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.